Who was in the red hoodie behind the bench? | The Boneyard

Who was in the red hoodie behind the bench?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Looked like a baller. Dabbedtge players and presumably Chief when he walked in. I was at the game so obviously I was in an internet free zone. Which big recruit was it?

Reaction Score
Someone on another thread said it was Kuran Iverson, and Twitter confirmed it. I noticed him behind the bench and knew he was too old to be a recruit, but I didn't realize it was Iverson.

Reaction Score
Yes,
Someone on another thread said it was Kuran Iverson, and Twitter confirmed it. I noticed him behind the bench and knew he was too old to be a recruit, but I didn't realize it was Iverson.

That was me, and yes it was! Iverson played so well for Hurley at URI- he’s a fun challenge to coach and accepted a role that was different than he probably expected coming out of high school. He ended up being a tremendous defensive player and was a major key to their success.

Reaction Score
Good call! I knew Iverson ended up at URI and that he had more success there than at Memphis, but I didn't make the Hurley-Iverson connection until tonight. It can't hurt to have a successful CT kid who played for Hurley around.

Reaction Score
Yes,

That was me, and yes it was! Iverson played so well for Hurley at URI- he’s a fun challenge to coach and accepted a role that was different than he probably expected coming out of high school. He ended up being a tremendous defensive player and was a major key to their success.
Iverson's stats don't jump out at you but Hurley did a good job with him. He was a kid who looked like a total bust and on his way to being a headcase where you wouldn't want him on your team. Hurley turned him into a really valuable player who was integral to what they did and by the end it almost seemed like he was the heart of that team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom