Who Started Midnight Madness? | The Boneyard

Who Started Midnight Madness?

Reaction Score
Well, according to Dave Kindred (remember him?) it was Lefty Driesell (remember him?). If you remember either of theses guys, or Lenny Bias, or if you like basketball lore, you'll probably really enjoy this article.

I lived in D.C. during Lefty's days at Maryland. I had no connection to the University of Maryland, but I became a fan of their men's basketball team because of the personality of their coach. He was outspoken, driven, loud, sarcastic (usually with no ill intent), and he was a WINNER.

After I relocated to the northeast, I ended up following another college basketball team. It's amazing how similar those two coached turned out to be. :D :rolleyes:

Anyway, if you enjoy reading good writing about a good subject, basketball...

Enjoy! [LINK]

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Len Bias.... so very, very sad. a tragedy. (Boston never recovered, but that's the least of it.)
thanks for this great article.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Well, according to Dave Kindred (remember him?) it was Lefty Driesell (remember him?). If you remember either of theses guys, or Lenny Bias, you'll probably really enjoy this article.

I lived in D.C. during Lefty's days at Maryland. I had no connection to the University of Maryland, but I became a fan of their men's basketball team because of the personality of their coach. He was outspoken, driven, loud, sarcastic (usually with no ill intent), and he was a WINNER.

After I relocated to the northeast, I ended up following another college basketball team. It's amazing how similar those two coached turned out to be. :D :rolleyes:

Anyway, if you enjoy reading good writing about a good subject, basketball...

Enjoy! [LINK]

Thank you. Great read.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom