Who should’ve been drafted in the nba? | The Boneyard

Who should’ve been drafted in the nba?

Reaction Score
Ricky Moore.

I will never understand how Greg Anthony and Charlie Ward had jobs in the league yet Ricky did not. He would have eaten their lunches, all day.

Reaction Score
Boatright was the best pure basketball player of the three but 5’9”
and a lock if he was 3” inches taller .
Anderson was a great shooter but limited otherwise .
Purvis was a great athlete and decent shooter, too small for a three which lack of manpower forced him into playing and at the time minimal handle for a guard.
All might have been drafted to fill a specific niche but with all three its understandable why they didn’t
if I had to pick it would be Boat for strictly favoritism sake.

Actually the crime was Sticks getting drafted so low . The guy seemed made for League.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Vital

Some of the guys who were actually drafted that year he was better than.

But he’s still a very niche player

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If Giffey came out this year after having that senior year and tournament success he would’ve been a late first rounder imo.

Reaction Score
If Giffey came out this year after having that senior year and tournament success he would’ve been a late first rounder imo.
You're saying 2014 Giffey would be a late 2st round 2022 pick? Just trying to clarify.

He was a hell of a shooter and a relentless defender.

Reaction Score
Rashad probably would be drafted in today’s NBA. Such a weapon from 3 and he had the size to MAYBE turn into a good enough defender on the wing.

Reaction Score
2nd Rounders:
Rashad Anderson
Shonn Miller
Jalen Adams

Honorable Mention:
Amida Brimah (long shot)
Steven Enoch* (maybe deserved it at L’ville imo)
Christian Vital (long shot)

Reaction Score
Jalen Adams
He was probably the best prospect who was never drafted especially from a purely a skills standpoint. If only he had more talent around him . His 6 assists per game as a sophomore with that lineup might be one of the most underrated achievements by a UConn guard ever.
Trying to get into the league as an undrafted combo guard is a tough road. Hopefully he is making some money in Israel.

Reaction Score
Brian Fair. He was the final cut in the Mavericks training camp in 1995.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Majok shouldn’t have been :D

Reaction Score
He was probably the best prospect who was never drafted especially from a purely a skills standpoint. If only he had more talent around him . His 6 assists per game as a sophomore with that lineup might be one of the most underrated achievements by a UConn guard ever.
Trying to get into the league as an undrafted combo guard is a tough road. Hopefully he is making some money in Israel.
When I think Jalen I think wasted talent. Which are definitely harsh words.

I don't like using the phrase, "Calhoun would of...", but I feel like Calhoun would of gotten to Jalen better. Made him understand how good he is/was. Had him trying out for national teams or other significant off-season activities. Pushed his *** off.

One of my fonder memories of JC. It was during Caron's freshman year. I can't remember exactly when. Maybe some post-game interview. JC was asked about the freshman class throughout the league. More specifically the Seton Hall freshman (they had a great class). Again, I don't remember JCs exact words, but he made it clear he had the best guy (Caron). 100% confidence. Zero doubts in his mind.

I like to think JC would of done the same for Jalen. Convinced him and molded him into the best player on the floor. A frequently underlooked and maybe misunderstood quality of JCs. Absolute confidence, pride and love for his guys.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Are we specifically talking about being drafted or making an NBA team in general? A couple of the guys mentioned in this thread (Brimah and Purvis for example) actually played a few games for NBA teams.

Reaction Score
Could maybe make a case for Kevin Ollie. Guy played for 15 years in the league during which I'm sure more than one drafted guy came and went.

Reaction Score
When I think Jalen I think wasted talent. Which are definitely harsh words.

I don't like using the phrase, "Calhoun would of...", but I feel like Calhoun would of gotten to Jalen better. Made him understand how good he is/was. Had him trying out for national teams or other significant off-season activities. Pushed his *** off.

One of my fonder memories of JC. It was during Caron's freshman year. I can't remember exactly when. Maybe some post-game interview. JC was asked about the freshman class throughout the league. More specifically the Seton Hall freshman (they had a great class). Again, I don't remember JCs exact words, but he made it clear he had the best guy (Caron). 100% confidence. Zero doubts in his mind.

I like to think JC would of done the same for Jalen. Convinced him and molded him into the best player on the floor. A frequently underlooked and maybe misunderstood quality of JCs. Absolute confidence, pride and love for his guys.
Completely agree with this. And I actually think the same could be said for Daniel Hamilton and Amida Brimah. I thought Hamilton was a future lottery pick when I first saw him play -- with his size, athleticism and passing ability. And Brimah was surprisingly polished as a freshman when considering how recently he had taken up basketball. I had gotten used to seeing players progress at a certain pace under Jim Calhoun and I expected Hamilton and Brimah (and Adams) to progress similalry. None of them did.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Completely agree with this. And I actually think the same could be said for Daniel Hamilton and Amida Brimah. I thought Hamilton was a future lottery pick when I first saw him play -- with his size, athleticism and passing ability. And Brimah was surprisingly polished as a freshman when considering how recently he had taken up basketball. I had gotten used to seeing players progress at a certain pace under Jim Calhoun and I expected Hamilton and Brimah (and Adams) to progress similalry. None of them did.

Hamilton really didn’t have the athleticism though.

And he didn’t have the shooting to compensate

Brimah has a case but also never really got that much better.

Jalen Adams should’ve and probably would’ve under a different coach

Reaction Score
In the 2020s Rashad could have been a first round pick. It would all depend on his defense to whether he would play or not. I honestly don’t remember if he was good or just average on D. I don’t remember him being bad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom