Who on the Huskies is improving? | The Boneyard

Who on the Huskies is improving?

Reaction Score
That has been Hurley's strength in previous years. But this year we have watched guys go backward or be stuck in neutral. Sanogo seems to be the exception but guys are suppose to be better in February than they were in November. Just when it seems the lights are coming on for a guy like Andre, he slides back. And this has been a softer part of the schedule. Time to step up. Hurley really needs to get them back on the path.

Reaction Score
I think AJax is improving. But as someone said here recently, the line is rarely a straight one.
Jackson is improving it's just slower than most hoped. He needs to break out next year

Reaction Score
Jackson is improving it's just slower than most hoped. He needs to break out next year
He needs to do nothing but work on shooting all day every day this summer. It's the singular thing holding him back right now.

Reaction Score
He needs to do nothing but work on shooting all day every day this summer. It's the singular thing holding him back right now.
I don't know if I'd say it's the singular thing, but it's definitely a big one. He also needs to figure out how to finish at the rim. He just avoids contact when going to the hoop, so we get those pretty low percentage finger rolls as he's falling to the side of the basket. If he had Cole's affinity for drawing contact, he'd be a MUCH better scorer.

Reaction Score
Im not sure what "improving" means for some on this board. Players aren't allowed to have a bad game I guess. There was a huge Hawkins love fest a week ago, now he is a pariah.

Reaction Score
I don't know if I'd say it's the singular thing, but it's definitely a big one. He also needs to figure out how to finish at the rim. He just avoids contact when going to the hoop, so we get those pretty low percentage finger rolls as he's falling to the side of the basket. If he had Cole's affinity for drawing contact, he'd be a MUCH better scorer.
He also passes up good shots for high risk passes. His decision making around the rim is just as much of an issue as his actual finishing. He'll take tough shots and pass the ball out on good looks.

Reaction Score
Improved: Andre Jackson, Tyrese Martin, RJ Cole, Adama Sanogo

Static: Isaiah Whaley, Tyler Polley

Regressed: Jalen Gaffney

Injury: Akok Akok

TBD: Jordan Hawkins, Rahsool Diggins, Samson Johnson, Richie Springs, Corey Floyd Jr, Alex Karaban

Reaction Score
Cole and Martin seemed to have improved overall from last year, obviously some games it doesnt appear that way.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think AJ has improved in parts of his game but needs to know when to go 200 MPH and when to slow it down. He needs to be much more involved in his offense
I feel Sanogo has improved on his footwork but he has some parts of his game that need immediate attention in order to be the "best player" on this team
Martin has worked on his finishing at the hoop and his 3PT shot looks smoother
RJ looks to have better control of the ball and the tempo of the game - a better PG guard than last season

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom