Who on the Current Roster is Next Obi/Byron Jones? | The Boneyard

Who on the Current Roster is Next Obi/Byron Jones?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Seems like we always have a guy who skyrockets up draft boards and becomes a day 1 or 2 pick. Who do you all think is most likely to be the next high draft pick out of Storrs? For me, I really think that Foley Fatukasi has the opportunity to go as high as the 2nd round. Hugely talented, good size, and the metrics check out on PFF. He just needs to put together a full season of disruption, and I think he will do just that in a defense that is more aggressive and helps him get to the QB more. Other than Obi, I really could see Vontae Diggs surprising people. He was one of few bright spots last year, and I love how he plays with a chip on his shoulder. Some may say Summers, and I don't doubt that he'll end up drafted, but after watching him last year it's hard to imagine that he'd be picked in the first couple of rounds unless he has an extraordinary turnaround.

Reaction Score
Seems like we always have a guy who skyrockets up draft boards and becomes a day 1 or 2 pick. Who do you all think is most likely to be the next high draft pick out of Storrs? For me, I really think that Foley Fatukasi has the opportunity to go as high as the 2nd round. Hugely talented, good size, and the metrics check out on PFF. He just needs to put together a full season of disruption, and I think he will do just that in a defense that is more aggressive and helps him get to the QB more. Other than Obi, I really could see Vontae Diggs surprising people. He was one of few bright spots last year, and I love how he plays with a chip on his shoulder. Some may say Summers, and I don't doubt that he'll end up drafted, but after watching him last year it's hard to imagine that he'd be picked in the first couple of rounds unless he has an extraordinary turnaround.
I like Diggs, he might surprise this year. As for the secondary, I'd give you two freshman names, Tyler Coyle and Omar Fortt. On offense, I really like the freshman Keyion Dixon, and maybe Jay Rose at TE might develope into something the pros would like, and knowing HCRE, it would not surprise me if they turned Rose into a linebacker.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think there will be an opportunity for many players on defense to show their talent. All last season and the prior ones with Diaco I questioned during games why our opponents pressed us at the line and jammed our receivers, but we gave them a ten yard cushion and virtually conceded first downs that let them march the ball down the field. Our scheme simply took any weapons out of the hands of our defenders and left them unnecessarily exposed for longer than they could cover the receivers. I believe that an attacking defense that pressures the offense to run a quick play under duress and can cover up the receivers and break up plays also will allow a number of interceptions(looking at you Jamar). Maybe we won't be able to stop the run with this scheme and the current players, but I hope we are going to bury forever the soft cover schemes of the last few years. Let's go after these teams and see if we can disrupt their offense rather than hoping they don't execute it and make some mistake we can capitalize on.

Reaction Score
I don't disagree with those choices. I'll take a shot with EJ Levenberry and Arkeel Newsome. Go Huskies

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom