Who knew ,,, New Haven has a pro team? | The Boneyard

Who knew ,,, New Haven has a pro team?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'd love to know the average lifespan of these teams. Seems like they pop up all the time and then you hear of them closing shop

Reaction Score
No clue what Yale may charge the Elm City club for its' otherwise unused 1,500 seat stadium, but it's a good set up for that level, actually located in New Haven, and convenient enough to access from both the Parkway and the I91-I95 interchange each via Rt. 34.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Impressive for a new team to do so well right out of the gates. Hartford FC did well too. They made the playoffs for their region.

Too bad no promotion or else New Haven mit have been inline for moving up should they win

Reaction Score
Impressive for a new team to do so well right out of the gates. Hartford FC did well too. They made the playoffs for their region.
With roughly half of each NPSL division qualifying for the NPSL's regional playoffs, it's almost akin to every kid receiving a Little League trophy. With a 9-1-2 regular season record and undefeated home record, even if Elm City does not win the NPSL championship next Saturday at their Yale home field the team's been impressive both on the field and in attendance #s. Winning and a fairly convenient Rt. 34 location in New Haven proper likely help the latter.

Reaction Score
With roughly half of each NPSL division qualifying for the NPSL's regional playoffs, it's almost akin to every kid receiving a Little League trophy. With a 9-1-2 regular season record and undefeated home record, even if Elm City does not win the NPSL championship next Saturday at their Yale home field the team's been impressive both on the field and in attendance #s. Winning and a fairly convenient Rt. 34 location in New Haven proper likely help the latter.

Hartford made it through a couple of rounds. I even heard that they could be one of the teams moving to the new D3 league. They are also making a push to play in Dillon next season.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
I believe it was only the top 3 in each regional division and there were something like 6 or 8 teams in their division. I'd say it was quite an accomplishment for Hartford FC to make the playoffs in their inaugural season. It's just as impressive as Elm City. I think both CT teams have done quite well in their inaugural seasons and it will be interesting to see if their popularity increases next season.

Reaction Score
I'm a Hartford City fan, but did make it down on Saturday to see Elm City beat the Oakland, CA team
2-0. Gave me a reason to go to modern apizza and I like to support CT soccer

Gotta say, Hartford has a way better supporters group - Agents of Hale.

Reese was packed, but quiet other than the 2 goals. Yea, they had drums going, but nothing compared to a HCFC game. Those guys are chanting and singing the whole time.

I missed the @ elm city against HCFC and people I talked to at Reese said plenty of HCFC fans made it down. I only saw 10 or so elm city fans made it to NB for the game @ CCSU.

Elm city dives like crazy and stay on the ground rocking back in forth in fake pain way after the call was already made. Pissed me off during the HCFC game and did plenty of times on Saturday.

My favorite HCFC chant against elm city was "you went down like New Haven Coliseum, New Haven Coliseum, New Haven Coliseum. Repeat.

Plus a clever one about Dutch Elm disease killing all your trees.

Will try and make down again on Saturday against midland. I thought Detroit City was going to win. They had 7k plus at that game.

Reaction Score
I believe it was only the top 3 in each regional division and there were something like 6 or 8 teams in their division.
For unknown reasons, the NPSL has divisions comprised of anywhere from 4-8 teams. The linked NPSL website above shows the two CT teams are members of separate 6-team divisions.

With a 5-3-4 game record, Hartford managed to reached the playoffs in their 6-team division. To their credit, they finished in 3rd place ahead of a 5-6-1 Rhode Island team and a Seacoast team (location ?) and NYAC with lesser game records.

Reaction Score
Elm City destroyed Midland-Odessa 5-0. Congrats.

Former UConn player Istvan Kanyo was playing for elm city

Reaction Score
My favorite HCFC chant against elm city was "you went down like New Haven Coliseum, New Haven Coliseum, New Haven Coliseum. Repeat.
Absent the Elm City fans failing to respond, oh the ironies. Call it a draw with the bad, minor league Coliseum torn down for intended urban improvement (apparently with some welcome success) vs a never all that great 1972-designed Civic Center's roof collapsing several years later and inexplicably re-built a few years later with no improvements as even then an outdated crummy arena in the sort of Insurance City's still dumpy downtown.

Reaction Score
Elm City destroyed Midland-Odessa 5-0. Congrats. Former UConn player Istvan Kanyo was playing for elm city
Hey, that's great for Kanyo, indirectly for UConn, and New Haven's team. Thanks for sharing the result.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom