Votes: 25 22.1%
  • 5. Other

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Who do you think is the Player if the Game. I chose Lou, she had the most points, rebounds, assists, tied for the most steals and blocks.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Lou... same reasons as MSGRET. but I was very impressed by Megan...she is going to fit in nicely. Danger and Pheesa were outstanding as well. Danger got beat up a bit.
I agree with everything that you said, even Christyn played well for her first regular season game at UCONN.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I voted for Lou. Lou was Lou. She scored, rebounded and defended. I love to watch Napheesa play. Napheesa is an amazing player, and the chemistry between her and Lou is awesome. Crystal reminded me of Mo on the court. She "dipsy dooded" through the defenders and kissed the ball off the glass. Megan played a good game, and I was glad to see her hitting layups. Christyn was holding her own on defense. She is a very special player. Christyn speed and athleticism is simply marvelous. If you didn't know Christyn was a freshmen, you would think she was a junior. She do not play like a freshmen. Mikayla is another special player. Her speed and athleticism is amazing. With time, she will be an outstanding player.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I voted for Lou. Lou was Lou. She scored, rebounded and defended. I love to watch Napheesa play. Napheesa is an amazing player, and the chemistry between her and Lou is awesome. Crystal reminded me of Mo on the court. She "dipsy dooded" through the defenders and kissed the ball off the glass. Megan played a good game, and I was glad to see her hitting layups. Christyn was holding her own on defense. She is a very special player. Christyn speed and athleticism is simply marvelous. If you didn't know Christyn was a freshmen, you would think she was a junior. She do not play like a freshmen. Mikayla is another special player. Her speed and athleticism is amazing. With time, she will be an outstanding player.

Put me down with the Lou folks, though it was a very balanced effort from 4 starters. As far as Christyn goes, in his post game remarks Geno said she played 26 minutes but for most of it you wouldn't know she was out there. He shrugged it off with "she's a freshman."

Reaction Score
I would say that it would have to be Lou and Meg. They were both amazing. Collier did somethings that did not look like typical Pheesa. I pray Megan can continue to play this way moving forward...

Reaction Score
Who do you think is the Player if the Game. I chose Lou, she had the most points, rebounds, assists, tied for the most steals and blocks.
For many reasons, the offense truly flows when Lou is in game. Can't define any one factor, but UConn's offense is measurably better when KLS in game. While she is usually the high scorer, her value goes well beyond points.

Reaction Score
I voted for Meg as she was the one who had a disappointing freshman year coming in as a #1 and having a hard time!
But any of the starting 5 could be Player of the game! Each contributes toward the final outcome!

Reaction Score
Probably Megan, she was outstanding! Most of Crystal Dangerfield’s points came when the other starters were sitting as the game was in hand. Katie Lou had 14 points before Geno decided to get her extra stats by putting her in halfway through the 4th.

Reaction Score
So it’s points scored the make you player of the game? I guess I have a different opinion.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Gotta go with "Sweet Lou" on this one. She looked very comfortable, in rhythm, and unstoppable. She looked like she was having a lot of fun out there. :) I have no doubts that Walker will be the recipient of several "Bad-Ass" awards this season.

There will be several games when the sun, moon and stars are in alignment, and she's close to being in a zone, and just about everything she puts up goes in for her, and she has a monster game. Can't wait for that first one..........which I hope comes against our friends in north Indiana in December, know what I mean? :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Dangerfield. Coach kept her in the game with the subs. Not only did Dangerfield hit some impressive shots, but she ran the team very well. When the subs were in, and, unable to generate offense, Dangerfield took over and became the offense. She also got up twice after being smacked in the face. I'm impressed, given her height, what she is able to do on the court.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
So it’s points scored the make you player of the game? I guess I have a different opinion.
If you are addressing me, then it was more than just points. Yes she did score the most, but she also had a more rounded game than anyone else on the floor and the team seemed to have a better flow on both offense and defense when she was on the court.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I voted for Meg because of the importance her contributions have not only for this game but for the season as a whole.

I'm with you and several others. I thought the Huskies/Geno had a great game plan getting the ball to Megan and Christyn for the first two scores. Megan was a beast, involved in every basket of the game. She needs to be rewarded, even if it is just from the peanut gallery Boneyard. If her performance is a harbinger, we're in for a fun ride this year.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Dangerfield
Probably Lou, but I can see why Lee and Lotrader would give Crystal Dangerfield a strong mention. I was particularly impressed by two features of her game:
1. Her shot selection and variety: 3's, midrange pull ups just inside the foul line; drives for lay-up and banks
2. She got inside the lane and to the hoop with quick, controlled drives and hesitations. She is learning that balance and changes of speed and direction often get open shots more often than raw speed. Think Courtney Vandersloot, not the fastest guard in the WNBA, but a wonderful master of quick changes of pace and direction; always under control. And I am seeing more of that from our own CD darter.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lou and Meg..Lou just makes it look so easy with those long 3's and making nice screens for other players and Meg looks so much bigger and stronger with speed that is off the charts along with shiftiness to the basket. they both are a joy to watch. Pheesa didn't have a very good first half with missed shots and a couple of turnovers, but made up for it in the 2nd half.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
For many reasons, the offense truly flows when Lou is in game. Can't define any one factor, but UConn's offense is measurably better when KLS in game. While she is usually the high scorer, her value goes well beyond points.
The same was true with Kaleena. Must be a Mater Dei thing. ;)

Reaction Score
I am the "other" voter. I saw the emergence of Mikayla as a productive reserve and I thought she had to biggest unexpected production. My second would have been Meg. At this time of year I think we are looking for who can step up and do the unexpected to help the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom