Who is the best college basketball TV broadcast team of all time? | The Boneyard

Who is the best college basketball TV broadcast team of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Breen and Van Gundy did one game I believe, so they count. If you want regular broadcasters, Gus Johnson and anyone else. McDonaugh, Bilas, and Raff are pretty good too.

I disliked Packer and Vitale as the shtick peddlers they were.

Reaction Score
Breen and Van Gundy did one game I believe, so they count. If you want regular broadcasters, Gus Johnson and anyone else. McDonaugh, Bilas, and Raff are pretty good too.

I disliked Packer and Vitale as the shtick peddlers they were.
seriously speaking, bilas is generally spot on with most of his analysis

Reaction Score
mike patrick is brutal, doris burke is pretty annoying as well. I'll take Raff, Bilas and Sean

Reaction Score
Raff, Bill, and McDonaugh are my favorite combo, but I like Jim Nanz and Kellog as well. And of course, Gus Johnson and whoever else. Bob Knight is kind of entertaining sometimes, but Mussberger is annoying.

Reaction Score
Not sure if they teamed up on many occasions but Lundquist and Packer were IMO.

I consider them one of the worst.
Lundquist added nothing for me, frequently got names wrong, and Packer was annoying.

I like Bilas and McDonough best. Although Sean annoys me with his pointyhead points at times.

Reaction Score
mike patrick is brutal, doris burke is pretty annoying as well. I'll take Raff, Bilas and Sean

The sound of Doris Burke's voice makes me cringe. Something about her that I absolutely can't stand.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I have to say, I really enjoyed the McDonough, Fraschilla, Burke team that called the Pitt game in last year's BET.

If I had to choose my dream broadcast, I guess I'd say McDonough and Bilas.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
^ Although Gus Johnson is a very close 2nd to McDonough. Can he call the last 5 minutes of that dream broadcast?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
^ Although Gus Johnson is a very close 2nd to McDonough. Can he call the last 5 minutes of that dream broadcast?

Except McDonough has arguably the best call of all time ... "Hamilton ... HAMILTON!"

I really like the McDonough, Raftery, Bilas rotation.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He does...but Gus has the Midas touch when it comes to calling games. They all seem to be buzzer beaters, or crazy endings.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I mean I can't come up with names that you old timers know but I honestly love when Bilas and the Raf do games together. Two contrasting but totally meshing personalities.

Bilas is like a smarter Hubert Davis and Raf is a far-less-obnoxious Dookie V

Reaction Score
For those who remember listening to UConn games on WTIC in the 50s, 60s and early 70s, who can forget George Ehrlich who did the play-by-play and Floyd Richards who was his sidekick. Ehrlich was a very competent play-by-play guy who enabled you to mentally follow a game. He also was enough of a "homer" to always maintain your interest in the game.

It was another era, to be sure, but those guys certainly made you feel like you really knew the team and what you should expect from the Huskies and their opponent.

Reaction Score
Packer, when he was younger and less full of himself, was a great color guy. Jim Thacker and Billy Packer calling ACC games in the days before cable was a big treat. Enberg doing games with McGuire and Packer in the early 80s were very good. And the Marvelous one, as a youngster, doing ECAC games of the week with former coach R.C. "Bucky" Walters did a very good job.

Reaction Score
I like the trio of Bilas, Raf and McDonough best. Simpkins is certainly entertaining though. Deep down, I must admit that I have a little bit of a mancrush on Doris Burke.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Marv Albert and Bucky Waters.

BTW, Gus Johnson bites. Sounds like a 13- year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert.

Reaction Score
I cant believe all the love for the over the top annoying Gus Johnson. i mean are you kidding me? he`s the black vitale as far as im concerned. well to each is own. im a huge fan of bilas,raf and mcdonough but i have to say my favorite is kellogg/nance.

Reaction Score
Marv Albert and Bucky Waters.

BTW, Gus Johnson bites. Sounds like a 13- year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert.

Gus is highly overrated because of our youtube culture. He isn't nearly as knowledgeable as the best and has several facepalm comments but still, if there was one possession left in a tight game, I want Gus calling it.

Bonus Gus

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
I cant believe all the love for the over the top annoying Gus Johnson. i mean are you kidding me? he`s the black vitale as far as im concerned. well to each is own. im a huge fan of bilas,raf and mcdonough but i have to say my favorite is kellogg/nance.
On my death bed I will still hear him screeching "GONZAGA! The slipper still FITS!!!"
Gimme that slipper, Gus. It'll fit just perfectly rammed up your ASS.

Reaction Score
Kellogg is safe and boring.

Raftery is great if you appreciate his schtick (which I, of course, do). Bilas is measured and intelligent, and has great rapport with McDonough and Raf.

As far as play-by-play guys, Gus Johnson is easily the most exciting. Other than that, they all pretty much sound the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom