Who is gonna step up | The Boneyard

Who is gonna step up

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Well, we can now see that things are not as rosy as we thought. All summer we have been discussing our new players, who should start, who should replace Nika, which player will put us over the top of the mountain. Lets see, apparently Alya forgot how to play basketball by hanging out with the Canadian team all summer. Dorka, the 2 time BIG first teamer apparently doesn't know what to do on the court at times. Azzi, my favorite, doesn't want to shoot. Caroline, well, has anyone seen Caroline lately? The point is, everything we have discussed all summer has nothing to do with this basketball team. Question is, who will, no, who is capable to step up and be counted? Who is that player who can make us better? Go back to the old line up with Nika ( I think so ) and have Alya coming off the bench? That would be square 1, and that's where we have to start. Do it now before the BE games so we can get into another rhythm, cause as much as I admire Geno, this line up and bench rotation is not working. What do you think?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Keeping Up With The Kardashians Everything GIF by E!

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
UConn loses the rebound battle by 17 today and your solution is to bench our most physical player and replace her with a point guard in the starting lineup ?
No, I'm just suggesting that they have her come off the bench as she did for most of last year. Some kids do better coming in than starting. She has done nothing to support her starting, not the same player as last year. Starting doesn't mean anything, if she does what she did last year she will get plenty of minutes. Maybe she needs a change, because she isn't doing the job now. Besides, guards get rebounds too.

Last edited:

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
UConn loses the rebound battle by 17 today and your solution is to bench our most physical player and replace her with a point guard in the starting lineup ?
Well, I guess you don't have a solution.

Reaction Score
No, I'm just suggesting that they have her come off the bench as she did for most of last year. Some kids do better coming in than starting. She has done nothing to support her starting, not the same player as last year. Starting doesn't mean anything, if she does what she did last year she will get plenty of minutes. Maybe she needs a change, because she isn't doing the job now. Besides, guards get rebounds too.
Check your response to my question. As far as I can tell, it should have been: "Yes, I'm just suggesting..."

Reaction Score
Maybe it’s the fan expectations are wrong for this time of the season instead of player performance being subpar.
I think this is true for many, especially those who seem to think we came within a hair of winning the NC last year when, in fact, we were very fortunate just to make the FF.

I think this team MAY have finally gotten their comeuppance (for taking Arizona lightly, per Christyn) with today's piss-poor 2nd half, and very embarrassing 4th quarter, on national tv.

4 full months to improve.

Reaction Score
Well, I guess you don't have a solution.
Interesting that you felt the need to post an additional snarky response when you couldn't tell the difference between yes and no.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Maybe it’s the fan expectations are wrong for this time of the season instead of player performance being subpar.
Maybe but.......this same team plus some highly touted UCONN additions beat this same SC team last year and show much more fight. I don't think us fans are wrong for expecting Huskies to fight hard. To steal a line from @Mdoggie Paige needs some other dawgs out there with her.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Interesting that you felt the need to post an additional snarky response when you couldn't tell the difference between yes and no.
Who is being snarky now? I just made a point and a suggestion. If you have to be picky with one word in a thread, that's your problem. I made a point, and if you don't like it, tough toenails. You can go back to sleep now.

Reaction Score
Let's be civil everyone. After losses, Geno is very civil. Very. And he has much more skin in this than anyone on BY.

Trust me, the sun will come up tomorrow. These are college kids learning to be adults. Let's cut them some slack.

Reaction Score
It’s game 4. They’ll figure it out. Takes time for this kind of talent to gel with the rotation. Rebounds killed us. I imagine Geno has a game plan already.

Reaction Score
I don't think it is proposed as a solution. However, Edwards's size and athleticism sure didn't help in that rebounding problem today. If Muhl created a turnover, that would obviate the shot and hence a rebound. But Muhl isn't playing up to par either. At the moment.

Reaction Score
Haven't watched the game yet, but fortunately for UCONN and UCONN fans, the NCAA Tournament is still a few months away! Much time to improve and who knows, may get another crack at South Carolina.

Reaction Score
Haven't watched the game yet, but fortunately for UCONN and UCONN fans, the NCAA Tournament is still a few months away! Much time to improve and who knows, may get another crack at South Carolina.
We play SC in early 2022. We now play them every year in the regular season. Dawn is wise to play us. Good for her.

Reaction Score
So far Paige and the 3 seniors are the most consistent players. Then we expect too much from the remaining players.

Reaction Score
You know what's close to happening.......... (you're not gunna like this, but I gotta say it cause I'm PO'd)
Geno's gunna lose the confidence of his star players. Paige's BBall IQ is top of the class. Geno's is a level below her's, but he's a brilliant manager and communicator. Geno could be anything that involves those two skills- Governor, CEO, anything)
Geno is not at the top of his game. He's not delivering in these end-of-game scenarios. His star players are looking for his guidance. They need to see adjustments. I sensed that with Paige. Maybe I'm making it up.
BTW I hated the banter at his presser yesterday. Paige doesn't want to hear all that stuff from Geno. She just looked down.
Azzi has to contribute in this game. That was criminal negligence! If she can't guard one-on-one, then set up a D she can play. Hide her in a zone. These players, especially Azzi have to get a chance. NOW! Paige doesn't need rest, she needs basketball players around her.
We're led to believe all this stuff is so complicated! Well, then, uncomplicate it and get these kids playing ball!

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
You know what's close to happening.......... (you're not gunna like this, but I gotta say it cause I'm PO'd)
Geno's gunna lose the confidence of his star players. Paige's BBall IQ is top of the class. Geno's is a level below her's, but he's a brilliant manager and communicator. Geno could be anything that involves those two skills- Governor, CEO, anything)
Geno is not at the top of his game. He's not delivering in these end-of-game scenarios. His star players are looking for his guidance. They need to see adjustments. I sensed that with Paige. Maybe I'm making it up.
BTW I hated the banter at his presser yesterday. Paige doesn't want to hear all that stuff from Geno. She just looked down.
Azzi has to contribute in this game. That was criminal negligence! If she can't guard one-on-one, then set up a D she can play. Hide her in a zone. These players, especially Azzi have to get a chance. NOW! Paige doesn't need rest, she needs basketball players around her.
We're led to believe all this stuff is so complicated! Well, then, uncomplicate it and get these kids playing ball!
Yeah. Just maybe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom