Who is @DoctorTom315 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who is @DoctorTom315

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I have no problem disqualifying a player with a serious medical injury.
It wasn't so serious that he didn't qualify at UMass, is the point. For Tom... It's a crappy situation. He probably felt jerked around and mistreated. Unfortunately that happens from time to times. Just wish him well at UMass and on to the next...

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
maybe low insitutional tolerance for liability.... a scholly's still a significant commitment from the school, they should minimize any associated risk to the extent they can.

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
I have no problem disqualifying a player with a serious medical injury.

Who said it's serious? More and more it sounds like Diaco is using a tactic commonly used by coaches to free up scholarships, claiming they don't qualify medically. Rodrick was not one of his recruits, do the math.

Reaction Score
Who said it's serious? More and more it sounds like Diaco is using a tactic commonly used by coaches to free up scholarships, claiming they don't qualify medically. Rodrick was not one of his recruits, do the math.

Have your son go back in his Twitter feed w/ you... there are a number of comments regarding his "health" and working towards getting healthy (paraphrase a bit) that say otherwise.

Perfect Hair

Reaction Score
You guys probably laugh at this but back when he first posted his twitter my son copied and pasted them in an email so I could read them. And yes, it appears there was an injury of some sort. But it also appears to be a discrepancy about the seriousness of it and that's why I was referring to this being a tactic coaches use to get rid of a player/free up a scholarship.

Reaction Score

I don't know what Rodrick's injury is and I was only commenting on valuing a college player's health more than playing a game. I was on the same page with the Tymeer Brown situation. I know a bit about spinal stenosis and I would not let my sons play football with that abnormality.

I'm pretty good at math too. I'm coming up with zero for you.;)

Reaction Score
You guys probably laugh at this but back when he first posted his twitter my son copied and pasted them in an email so I could read them. And yes, it appears there was an injury of some sort. But it also appears to be a discrepancy about the seriousness of it and that's why I was referring to this being a tactic coaches use to get rid of a player/free up a scholarship.

So there are now two members in your I Hate Well Groomed, Clean Cut Coaches Cult. :rolleyes:

As to your other point, I think RD was pretty clear when he stated his "zero attrition" goal. At this point, it's probably fair to say that some combination of medical and legal expertise is trying to protect, maybe over-protect, the young man and ,certainly, the school.

Perfect Hair

Reaction Score
Once again the point is missed. Do some homework and realize this is a major big-boy tactic used by college football coaches everywhere, and probably used by the biggest boys (Bama etc) the most. A player turns out to be a bad fit, unneeded or disappointing on the field and rather than pull the scholarship and receive the bad press and stigma that goes with it, they declare the player medically disqualified. Player keeps his scholarship which doesn't count against the team allotment and team gets to add one more scholarship to the mix.

In this case where the kid was not even a Diaco recruit it appears even more obvious what is going on. And let's not throw spinal stenosis around, we have no idea if this kid's injury was to his spine or his big toe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom