Who is/are the next recruit(s) that the staff is prioritizing or expecting a decision from? | The Boneyard

Who is/are the next recruit(s) that the staff is prioritizing or expecting a decision from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We seem to have a lot of offers out there for 2017 class.

Who is likely to be next to make a decision and which player(s) / position(s) are we prioritizing for this year's recruiting class.

Any and all insight and discussion would be helpful and of interest.

Reaction Score
We seem to have a lot of offers out there for 2017 class.

Who is likely to be next to make a decision and which player(s) / position(s) are we prioritizing for this year's recruiting class.

Any and all insight and discussion would be helpful and of interest.
I would guess the next commitment comes from Polley or Carlton, possibly '18 Reeves.

Reaction Score
Scruggs, wilkes, Carlton, Polley, Bamba, richards, Harvey and Diallo seem to be the recruits still in play for '17 at the moment.

Scruggs was a long shot and just got even longer with MAL on board. Have to think chances at Wilkes are very small too although we do have his last OV if he makes it that far

Carlton and Polley seem like the most likely of the bunch to end up as huskies at this point, but carltons recruitment is picking up

Bamba and richards have been discussed a ton in other threads, and both are close to next. Bamba seems the only one that is realistic

Harvey was next-ed until he decided to do an official here almost out of nowhere. We were on him hard a while ago but cooled on him and he seemed heavy ND lean. Could be indicative of our chances with Diallo

Diallo has been the clear #1 priority in this class. We have a very good shot at him but it seems like it's neck and neck with UK. Doesn't seem like his recruitment will end any time soon though so well have to continue to hold our breaths or see if someone like Harvey commits first

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
OP, I'm going to the car wash tomorrow. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
OP, I'm going to the car wash tomorrow. I'll let you know if I hear anything.
You need to take two cellphones and walk there.

Reaction Score
My money is on Polley being the next commit, then the hope is Diallo but a nice fallback would be Beatty.

I'm high on Beatty, don't understand why his buzz isn't louder.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Any updates for this thread? How are we looking about a month later? Obviously we had some action in Sept, adding some big man depth, as well as MAL (was that Sept?).

Anyways - just curious to see if there are any updates on the next dominos to fall. I know Diallo is probably a Spring time decision. Who else is in the hopper?

Reaction Score
Any updates for this thread? How are we looking about a month later? Obviously we had some action in Sept, adding some big man depth, as well as MAL (was that Sept?).

Anyways - just curious to see if there are any updates on the next dominos to fall. I know Diallo is probably a Spring time decision. Who else is in the hopper?

I feel like we're going to keep a scholarship open for 2018 unless we sign two one and dones.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I feel like we're going to keep a scholarship open for 2018 unless we sign two one and dones.
Bamba and diallo seem to be the consensus here, that those two ships will be for diallo or bamba. Granted. 80% of this board doesn't know snow.

Reaction Score
Scary thing to hold the schollies for spring signings and then not have them filled. Hope coach is confident in either or both. But the good news is we have some nice young pieces now. Sure I'd like to use all up all the spots we have - but if we do get burned in spring with Hammi or Bamba, there is always the 5th yr transfer route, it has worked for us in past.

Reaction Score
Bamba and diallo seem to be the consensus here, that those two ships will be for diallo or bamba. Granted. 80% of this board doesn't know snow.
All of this is correct. I also think, though, that if we miss both then KO will figure out a way to target at least one more player -- most likely a wing. It could be a late decommit, a grad transfer or a 4-star who's held out hope for us (Beatty, for example).

I do think we're done targeting bigs unless we land Bamba, or unless a top-50 recruit lands in our lap like Justin Jackson almost did this spring. There won't be any Lubin-style signings, and there's probably no need to target the next Shonn Miller unless Enoch, Durham & Diallo all **** the bed this year.

Reaction Score
So what if a kid like Beatty, Nwora or Sidibe call Ollie and they want to commit? With only the two spots left, for the moment, and Diallo not committing until spring do they try to hold one? Just asking, I'm not sure how that works.

Reaction Score
247 indicates officials for Hammonds and Wilkes the first weekend in November.

Based on Hammonds's most recent Rivals update I don't think UConn is involved with him anymore after the Polley commit. UConn wasn't mentioned as far his upcoming visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom