hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Currently:

USC 8-8
Colorado 7-8
Oregon St. 5-6
Arizona St. 5-7
Washington St. 7-10

I'm absolutely clueless how to actually rank them. Anybody else want to take a shot at it?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Hmm...it's definitely not ASU. :rolleyes: Their offense has been totally M.I.A. in 2 of their last 3 games, but they sandwiched that w/ a win over Washington St. Oregon St. just hammered USC. Trying to figure out who is better by head to head is probably a pointless circular argument that goes nowhere.

Reaction Score
About 10 days ago it was clearly wash st .
And even now I’d probably still give them the edge. Of the 5, they’ve had the toughest conference schedule by far.

here’s everyone’s records against the 4 , the middle 5, and the bottom 3

Col 1-3 2-5 4-0
OSt 0-3 3-2 2-1
ASt 0-5 3-1 2-2
WSt 2-6 3-4 2-0
USC 0-5 4-3 4-0

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
About 10 days ago it was clearly wash st .
And even now I’d probably still give them the edge. Of the 5, they’ve had the toughest conference schedule by far.

here’s everyone’s records against the 4 , the middle 5, and the bottom 3

Col 1-3 2-5 4-0
OSt 0-3 3-2 2-1
ASt 0-5 3-1 2-2
WSt 2-6 3-4 2-0
USC 0-5 4-3 4-0
Cool breakdown. Looks like USC has really benefited from the most games against the bottom and middle.

Reaction Score
If they weren’t last in free throw percentage in conference, I would easily put Colorado in No. 5. If they were even shooting at a mediocre level, they would have beaten Arizona and they’d be in fifth anyhow, In Mya Hollingshed they have No. 1 rebounder and fifth leading scorer in conference. Losing their sophomore, last year all-freshman, point guard after Stanford win hasn’t slowed them down. They need to pull off a road win against Washington today.

Reaction Score
Currently:

USC 8-8
Colorado 7-8
Oregon St. 5-6
Arizona St. 5-7
Washington St. 7-10

I'm absolutely clueless how to actually rank them. Anybody else want to take a shot at it?
Disregarding record it's a tie between ASU and USC. While ASU's offense has been disappointing to say the least they have the strongest defense of the listed teams. As I write this I'm hoping that we don't lose to Cal this afternoon 11 to 9.

Also I think ASU may be a counterfactual to Geno's observation that strong defense spills over to effective offense. In the post-game presser yesterday Geno repeated that observation. With two exceptions this year ASU's defense has been lock down with no discernible positive spillover on the offensive side of the ball.

Reaction Score
I'm going with WSU as #5, as they have beat OSU twice. OSU #6. That could change after the PAC-12 Tournament.

Reaction Score
I'm going with WSU as #5, as they have beat OSU twice. OSU #6. That could change after the PAC-12 Tournament.

I'd put Colorado at #7 sans Jaylyn Sherrod. They've only lost to Stanford without her thus far. Pretty great streak to end conference play for them and much needed.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This year has been so weird, I kinda throw head to head out the window. Cougs in a tailspin, have lost 9 of 12. Beavs have won 5 of 6. Colorado w/ 4 wins in a row is the only other of this group trending up currently.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'd put Colorado at #7 sans Jaylyn Sherrod. They've only lost to Stanford without her thus far. Pretty great streak to end conference play for them and much needed.
See, maybe I wasn't so crazy for suggesting recently they're actually better without her. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
See, maybe I wasn't so crazy for suggesting recently they're actually better without her. :rolleyes:

It's odd to think that Colorado actually has the best odds of being the #5 seed at this juncture in the season. I don't think I would have guessed that at the beginning of the year.

I posted the seeding implications in the OSU game thread.

Reaction Score
This year has been so weird, I kinda throw head to head out the window.
not only were there few meaningful OOC games, but the round robin never fully realized. The example I am familiar with is that Oregon never played ASU at all and Utah and COL only once very early. And CAL only once. Hard to make an informed judgment.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
not only were there few meaningful OOC games, but the round robin never fully realized. The example I am familiar with is that Oregon never played ASU at all and Utah and COL only once very early. And CAL only once. Hard to make an informed judgment.
I think this has really hurt Oregon--record-wise, of course, since that's likely 4 or 5 additional wins--but, more importantly, in terms of confidence, especially for the freshmen. I'd like to think that some (relatively) easy wins interspersed among the games with Arizona, Stanford, and UCLA would have made a difference.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Nobody is gonna get in 22 conference games. Providing no other games are cancelled, Stanford and Utah will both manage 20. Oregon St. will have the least w/ 13.

I'm not sure if any of the "postponed" games are going to get rescheduled. Running out of time to squeeze them in.

This year could've provided a unique opportunity to set an all time record w/ 19 conference wins, but looks like it's not gonna happen. Stanford has gone 18-0 numerous times, nobody else has as far as I'm aware of.

edit--oops, forgot Stanford is playing on Monday against Arizona in addition to their finale w/ Cal so they will get 21 games. Who did they miss?

edit #2--so the Card can still get to 19 wins

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Nobody is gonna get in 22 conference games. Providing no other games are cancelled, Stanford and Utah will both manage 20. Oregon St. will have the least w/ 13.

I'm not sure if any of the "postponed" games are going to get rescheduled. Running out of time to squeeze them in.

This year could've provided a unique opportunity to set an all time record w/ 19 conference wins, but looks like it's not gonna happen. Stanford has gone 18-0 numerous times, nobody else has as far as I'm aware of.

edit--oops, forgot Stanford is playing on Monday against Arizona in addition to their finale w/ Cal so they will get 21 games. Who did they miss?

edit #2--so the Card can still get to 19 wins
Stanford is short one game against Oregon State. They made up the only other Pac-12 game they had postponed (namely WSU).

Reaction Score
Oregon State (best team right now)
Colorado
USC
WASH St has most quality wins
Az St

Wash St is 2-0 vs Or St and 1-5 vs USC, Colorado and Az St.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wash St (8-10) and Oreg St (6-6) both missed two games w Cal. Both teams would have likely finished with winning conference records.
Colorado (8-8) padded their record by getting in two games with Cal and close the season vs Utah which should be a win.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wash St (8-10) and Oreg St (6-6) both missed two games w Cal. Both teams would have likely finished with winning conference records.
Colorado (8-8) padded their record by getting in two games with Cal and close the season vs Utah which should be a win.

That win over Stanford certainly helped matters. We can all agree to neve speak of that game again, right?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Colorado also got Washington twice. Oregon St. only played the Huskies once.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom