Who guards Tacko Fall this year? | The Boneyard

Who guards Tacko Fall this year?

Reaction Score
Brimah may not have had his best season last year, but he was an absolute stud in both wins vs Tacko Fall's UCF squad. A more experienced Tacko is gonna be tough to contain with our shorter, inexperienced bigs. What's the gameplan this year? Who's our best bet to stop his easy buckets?

Reaction Score
Well we clearly cant compete at all with his height so my prediction is we put our meatballs on him to at least try to keep him out and not let him barge thru into the paint. I bet Big Dave O will get most of his fouls in each of our UCF games

Reaction Score
He's one of may favorite opposing players in the Country. I was glad that he was in our Conference only to be able to watch his development. Not many 'raw' 7'6" players come around that often. Sure I don't want him to excel against us, but if he did improve like they are saying, he will be fun to watch and follow this season. Also he sounds like a good kid to boot:

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Double team if necessary and pester him with those nasty little guards.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
He's one of may favorite opposing players in the Country. I was glad that he was in our Conference only to be able to watch his development. Not many 'raw' 7'6" players come around that often. Sure I don't want him to excel against us, but if he did improve like they are saying, he will be fun to watch and follow this season. Also he sounds like a good kid to boot:

Geesh, how thick are those lenses?

(And yeah, he does seem like a likable kid.)

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Tacko Foul. Awful conditioning too. Can he stay on the floor for more than 20 minutes?

Reaction Score
Put our secret weapon on him -
Burrito Summer.
Corny as heckfire, I know, but I could. not. resist.

Reaction Score
Tacko Foul. Awful conditioning too. Can he stay on the floor for more than 20 minutes?

He played more of the available minutes for them last year than Brimah did for us any year.

Reaction Score
Big Dave or Cobb. These super tall guys have high center of gravity. They usually have problems with shorter but bulkier guys. I am not too concern about him actually. He moves a little too slow. As long as we can defend the perimeter without double teaming. We should be okay

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Just run and he's done

UCF can't defend 4 on 5

Reaction Score
Nobody 'guards' Tacko Fall. There were games last year where he'd match up with guys a foot shorter than him. All teams try to do is front the post and send help from the weak side in the event that he catches it. His height might benefit him in certain situations, but there is a reason receivers in the NFL aren't 6'10. There is a degree of jockeying that goes into the fight for post position that becomes very difficult when you're one of the largest human beings on the earth.

In time, his ability to time his leaps over the front defender and proceed towards the basket - either to make a pass or to score - in one motion will determine how good he can become. That's what makes him fascinating, though - we're in the same boat as everybody else in the country in that we simply don't match up. In the meantime, @Dream Jobbed 2.0 's idea of Williams fronting him makes a lot of sense. I'm more worried about keeping him off the glass.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Do they still have the guy who’s like 6’10” 370? He was tougher.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom