Who does this in a full college career? | The Boneyard

Who does this in a full college career?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I was looking at the new pictures on the roster page. I was thinking the players look more mature. I looked below Paige's picture at what she accomplished in her freshman year. There are players dreaming doing this in a college career. I know she would trade it all for a national championship. But still ...
1633832898515.png

Reaction Score
I was looking at the new pictures on the roster page. I was thinking the players look more mature. I looked below Paige's picture at what she accomplished in her freshman year. There are players dreaming doing this in a college career. I know she would trade it all for a national championship. But still ...
View attachment 70249
I know. Blew me away too when I saw it all listed out in one place. And since you pointed it out, there are three more paragraphs underneath that.

One record not listed: Paige Bueckers broke Wendy Davis’ 29-year-old single-season record by averaging 36.2 minutes per game.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
View attachment 70249
Geno did say that after the first hour of last years first team practice, they (the coaches) knew that Paige was the best player on the team.

Reaction Score
And I hope they are so good this year that her average comes down to 28-29 minutes per game.
That would be nice. I thought last year that they relied on her to the point that it damaged her game time at the end of the season to a certain extent (some of her shots were hitting the front of the rim, always a dead giveaway). But it's good to know that if they do indeed need her, she's capable of doing whatever is necessary.

Reaction Score
That would be nice. I thought last year that they relied on her to the point that it damaged her game time at the end of the season to a certain extent (some of her shots were hitting the front of the rim, always a dead giveaway). But it's good to know that if they do indeed need her, she's capable of doing whatever is necessary.
I agree. Paige is like the GOAT in that she is capable of doing whatever is necessary.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
View attachment 70249
She can stop playing now and make the College Basketball Hall of Fame. After her senior year they may have to rename it the Paige Bueckers College Basketball Hall of Fame.

Reaction Score
Nothing to do with her talent but I think we need to be prepared that she won't repeat last year again the rest of her college career even as she becomes a better basketball player. The overall teams the next few years will be better so the stats will just be spread out more.

Reaction Score
Paige is obviously a great player, but you guys know we've had players come through here that won 4 national championships, 4 final four MOP awards, and a bunch of Olympic gold medals.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Nothing to do with her talent but I think we need to be prepared that she won't repeat last year again the rest of her college career even as she becomes a better basketball player. The overall teams the next few years will be better so the stats will just be spread out more.
Her numbers might be slightly better than last years. She won't have to do everything this year like she did last year, so she shouldn't tire out like she did at the end of the season. At one time she was shooting over 55% from behind the ark, but at the end of the season she was shooting below 40% which brought her average down to around 46%. With all of the additions to the team and most likely forcing the opposition to guard almost everyone that is out on the floor or play strictly zone defenses it should open the floor up for Paige, CW, Azzi, Caroline, and others on the perimeter or allow for passes into the interior for Liv, Dorka, Aaliyah and others down low. Geno has said that this is the most talented team he's had since the Stewie years and they could play 9 players with very little drop off so there is good chance that Paige will be more rested at the end of the season and may be better when it comes to March Madness.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Paige is obviously a great player, but you guys know we've had players come through here that won 4 national championships, 4 final four MOP awards, and a bunch of Olympic gold medals.
Only one player had 4 final four MOP awards, and without that player UConn would not have won 4 NC's. Also Stewie had a great supporting cast her 4 years at UConn and she also had some great upperclassmen leadership her Freshman and Sophomore years, something that Paige did not have.

Reaction Score
View attachment 70249
She would surely trade it all for championships and until then she’d probably say “ I haven’t done anything yet”.
Just sayin.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom