Who Dem Hoyas ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Who Dem Hoyas ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Hawk starts us off with nylon from 3. That's a good omen
  2. Newton hits a three off a sweet feed from Ajax, then stole the ball right back and fed to an airborne Hawk for the dunk. If that sequence isn't a top ten play of the day, I don't know what is.
  3. Horrible call for Clingan's first foul.
  4. And his second.
  5. 13 minutes in, my take is that we're allowing them too many rebounds.
  6. Set play, Ajax to Sanogo, then fill the void where the double on Adama came from, to get the return pass from Sanogo. Then he just plain misses the chippy, dammit! Frustrating.
  7. Tied at the half. Not a good sign. Thoughts of a 2nd half collapse haunting me.
  8. I swear that Gaudin and Turner both wanna be color men and no-one actually wants to call the play by play.
  9. 2-1/2 minutes into the 2nd half, Set play, lob to Jackson. Nicely done,
  10. When a player gets the ball outside and does a little back step with their off foot before taking off toward the paint, it is almost always called a travel, even though it almost always isn't a travel.
  11. Pretty much every time Newton touches the ball, Turner mentions that he's a 6-5 point guard. Hey, we all know that, Tarik.
  12. Alleyene got mugged at the hoop just under 4 minutes. No call. Just one example of the one sided officiating.
  13. Adama may have had more dunks in this game than any other game this year. Nice to see him going up strong.!
  14. Ill advised three by Karaban at 1:05 or thereabouts.
  15. And a great three off the Ajax feed 38 seconds later.
  16. Ajax -- Led all players on the boards with 10, while dishing out 7 assists and holding Georgetown's leading scorer to one FG attempt and no points, while still finding time to score 7 points.
  17. My POG vote though, goes to Newton, with 7 boards (3 at the offensive end), 6 dimes, 3 steals a block and tied Sanogo for our scoring lead with 15.
  18. Hawk played OK in the first half, but was MIA in the 2nd. I didn't notice any major adjustment on GTown's part, Not sure what might have been the reason for it.
  19. 19 Offensive rebounds -- 7 above our average.
  20. It's absolutely criminal that we only took 5 FTs. GTown ended the game having been called for only 12 fouls, and 4 of them were intentional throwaways at the end of the game, so they really only got called for 8 during actual game action.
  21. Clingan was basically a non-factor, although the 2 dimes were an encouraging wrinkle, given his very limited minutes.
  22. Not sure how many minutes JoeyC played, but it wasn't many. He looked good on his one three, but showed no effort on D unless his man had the ball and he was back on the pine pretty quickly.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yeah it was pretty absurd that Georgetown had 3 fouls when it was time to start fouling with under a minute left given how physical the game was.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I also noticed Sanogo had more spring in his step today, and it was refreshing to see. Clingan never got into the flow of things and looked frustrated. It does seem like Newton flipped a switch and suddenly has become more confident and assertive over the past few games, especially on offense. Alleyne is giving us something, but need more from Calcaterra and Diarra.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam
Top Bottom