who can beat us when we are at our best? | The Boneyard

who can beat us when we are at our best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm thinking north carolina is legit when Paige gets back. I also like what Kentucky is doing with the guards. I suppose it's a little early to say but beyond those 2, I'm not sure. I don't think we will lose to lsu, maryland, duke or whoever else espn thinks is good

Reaction Score
I'm thinking north carolina is legit when Paige gets back. I also like what Kentucky is doing with the guards. I suppose it's a little early to say but beyond those 2, I'm not sure. I don't think we will lose to lsu, maryland, duke or whoever else espn thinks is good

I caught most of the albany game and watched the entire game against NJIT and I think Kentucky is a top 25 team, but as of right now they are not one of the top 10 or 15 teams in the country.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Michigan........the first real team we will play

Reaction Score
UNC, Kentucky, Maryland, Kansas, Duke, UVA, Zaga, Wichita St, Zona, MSU, Indiana, Cincy, SMU, Purdue and others can all beat us at our best.

Reaction Score
Is this the ying to the yang of your threads yesterday?

Reaction Score
UNC, Kentucky, Maryland, Kansas, Duke, UVA, Zaga, Wichita St, Zona, MSU, Indiana, Cincy, SMU, Purdue and others can all beat us at our best.

Wow. You can tell that from opening night? I wish I was this smart -- it would save me from having to watch the season

Reaction Score
If we are the best we can be? No one beats us, cause it goes that if we are playing our best on offense and defense, the other team isn't, so by those metrics we would win every game.

Reaction Score
If we are the best we can be? No one beats us, cause it goes that if we are playing our best on offense and defense, the other team isn't, so by those metrics we would win every game.
That actually makes a lot of sense.

Reaction Score
If we don't shoot well just about anyone other than true cupcakes can beat us. The difference is that this year we have a force down low that will keep us in it against anyone so that we will rebound and get enough in close to stay in those games on bad shooting games and then be there for the end. I'm not buying that we are some kind of juggernaught.....yet.

Reaction Score
Wow. You can tell that from opening night? I wish I was this smart -- it would save me from having to watch the season
You are totally right, nobody in the country playing great ball can possibly beat us at our best and we are going undefeated.

Reaction Score
david said:
I caught most of the albany game and watched the entire game against NJIT and I think Kentucky is a top 25 team, but as of right now they are not one of the top 10 or 15 teams in the country.

Their ranking, even more than Carolina's, seems to be entirely based on reputation. Obviously they're going to get better but I'd have loved to pick them off in the Bahamas this year. Would rather open up with them than Michigan, honestly.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
You are totally right, nobody in the country playing great ball can possibly beat us at our best and we are going undefeated.

So now you are assuming that the UCONNMBB plays at their best all season? Not sure what UConn team you've watched. There will 100% be WTF games this season its UConn basketball. Considering the question not sure why that led you to talk about going undefeated....

Reaction Score

Dude, come on. We are going to smack Maryland in December. Kentucky is so inexperienced. Zaga we'd beat by 10+. MSU, Indiana, Cincy, SMU, and Purdue shouldn't even be in the same sentence as UConn. I really hope this post is a joke.

Reaction Score
Dude, come on. We are going to smack Maryland in December. Kentucky is so inexperienced. Zaga we'd beat by 10+. MSU, Indiana, Cincy, SMU, and Purdue shouldn't even be in the same sentence as UConn. I really hope this post is a joke.
great insight

Reaction Score
DOOMED!!!!

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
What I've learned from the Yard this week.
-We are #3 in the country
-We have won the 2016 National Championship
- This team is better than 2009

Reaction Score
"At our best" is very subjective and therefore makes this question tough to answer. The answer could be no one or it could be a whole host of teams depending on how you define it. I think our A game is probably as good as anybody else's A game - aside from maybe UNC - but then again you have teams like Kentucky loaded with future pros so one would think their A game is pretty damn good.

Nobody was beating us at our best in '04. In '11 and '14, there were probably some teams who had a higher ceiling than us, but a combination of great coaching and extremely reliable guard play won out. This year I think will be like '09 where we're pretty damn scary at our best with maybe only a select few other teams capable of matching it.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
"At our best" is very subjective and therefore makes this question tough to answer. The answer could be no one or it could be a whole host of teams depending on how you define it. I think our A game is probably as good as anybody else's A game - aside from maybe UNC - but then again you have teams like Kentucky loaded with future pros so one would think their A game is pretty damn good.

Nobody was beating us at our best in '04. In '11 and '14, there were probably some teams who had a higher ceiling than us, but a combination of great coaching and extremely reliable guard play won out. This year I think will be like '09 where we're pretty damn scary at our best with maybe only a select few other teams capable of matching it.
Yeah the story of those 11 and 14 teams was that we knocked other teams off their a-game, hence all the "best team didn't win" whining, as if defense doesn't count. We've seen that this team is going to be able to score most nights, looking forward to seeing if they can bring that disruptive on-the-ball defense against better opposition, especially with the new hand check rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom