Who are the referees for our games? | The Boneyard

Who are the referees for our games?

Reaction Score
I could never get a good answer in chat and I have to imagine I will not get a good answer.

I know in a lot of sports you get refs that are from a local pool or contracted with your league for games.

I always believed for football it was refs from the visiting team's league for non-conference games. Football has much more money. UConn is an independent. Who refs the UConn home games? Who refs the UConn road games? In these situations I would think we would be trying to go "third party" refs as much as possible but I also know to some degree this is easier said than done. On the other hand for road games I know I'd MANDATE third party refs. Home games if the convention "holds" I'd be ok with visitor conference refs but would prefer third party refs.

So, who knows the answer? What conferences have been refereeing our games? If there isn't a hard rule does it vary game to game?

Do I blame the refs for today's game as much as others? No. But some of those calls were really... I would say precious. Precious is a word I'd like to use for some of the choices made by team zebra.

Reaction Score
OK, I haven't done it for the whole season and it took some google work.

Today's referees were assigned from the MAC.

Somebody in OUR athletic department owes everybody an apology for stark incompetence.

Reaction Score
This is the best I could figure. I know. Interesting topic

at Utah State
west coast/midwest based? unclear

CCSU
ACC referee

at Michigan
MAC referee

at NC State
ACC referee

Syracuse
ACC referee

fresno state
ACC referee

at FIU
likely C-USA refs

at Ball State
MAC

so if I push USU into "conference refs". Home games: 1 road ref, 2 neutral refs. Road games: 3 home refs, 1 likely home ref (USU), 1 neutral ref.

That last one is terrible on UConn. I'm sorry.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin
Top Bottom