Who are the dorks doing the IU Syracuse game? | The Boneyard

Who are the dorks doing the IU Syracuse game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tirico is one, but I have no idea who the other guy fawning over Syracuse is.

Reaction Score
dan dakich

This guy is just weird. After the Butler-Oklahoma State game, which OSU won in OT, he said the real story of the game was Butler and how Butler was better than OSU and that we could be talking more about them as the season goes on than OSU.

Eh, no.

Reaction Score
Tirico creeps me out...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Tirico

Sexual harassment controversy[edit]

Tirico's period at ESPN has not been without controversy. Two books about the network, ESPN: The Uncensored Biography (2000) by former New York Times sportswriter Michael Freeman and 2011's These Guys Have All the Fun (by Washington Post writers James Andrew Miller and Tom Shales), recount allegations of sexual harassment. Tirico, for example, was suspended by the network for 3 months in 1992 for multiple incidents involving attempted groping, sexual solicitation, and stalking of female co-workers.[6][7]

Jump up^ http://detroit4lyfe.com/articles/general-sports/espn-worldwide-leader-in-sex.html
Jump up^ http://deadspin.com/191242/here-are-those-tirico-stories-we-hinted-at-last-week

Reaction Score
from the deadspin link regarding excerpts about Syracuse alum Mike Tirico from ESPN: The Uncensored Biography

In the spirit of decency I censored somewhat

http://deadspin.com/191242/here-are-those-tirico-stories-we-hinted-at-last-week

The first Tirico story involves him hitting on a woman and stalking her after a house party in fall 1992. The woman was a production assistant and "considered an up-and-coming talent," and Tirico went up to her at the party and said "you're the most beautiful woman in here." She walked away, but he kept following her around the party until she finally snapped, "Why don't you @$!% off? Get away from me." As she and friends hopped in their car and pulled out of the party, Tirico stepped in front of the car and made the woman stop. "You're the most beautiful person I've ever seen and I think I'm in love with you," Tirico said. She tried to roll up her window and take off, but Tirico stuck his hand in and tried to wedge it between her thighs. She got away, and the next morning, when they saw each other in the ESPN parking lot, he walked up to her, and she expected him to apologize. Instead, he said, "all I did all day was think about you."

In another story, one female producer — who had been to dinner with Tirico and his fiancee — was startled to receive an email from him saying that he wanted to sleep with her. Later, when the staff went to a bar after a late night covering the NCAA tournament, Tirico approached her and said, "I wish I was single. If I were, I'd throw you on the table right here and @$!% your brains out." After she tried to excuse him as drunk, he persisted: "I know you want to screw me. So let's leave." Later, he followed her on the highway and tried to get her to pull over, unsuccessfully.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Tirico creeps me out...

I think you guys don't give ESPN enough credit. It is clear that they go to some great lengths to match the announcers with the teams playing.

For example: Despite what fans of other programs might think, you could almost not ever find an announcer who would do a better job broadcasting Duke games, in the eyes of Duke fans, than Dick Vitale.

And at the intersection of college basketball and sexually inappropriate behavior, you find both Syracuse and Mike Tirico.

ESPN is doing an exceptional job of matching commentators to the programs, in my opinion.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Speaking of dorks...does anyone remember the shot of Mark Tiexiera in the stands? There was a guy next to him that resembled him and was dressed like an uber-guido loser. I'm talking shirt unbuttoned down to the xyphoid process, hair sticking out and chains flashing. What a stud!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom