Who’s got next for UConn? | The Boneyard

Who’s got next for UConn?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

By Daniel Connolly

Who will be the next UConn player taken No. 1 overall? The next national player of the year? The next star freshman?​

Over the weekend, one generation in the WNBA passed the torch to the next. With Sue Bird and Sylvia Fowles set to retire at the end of this season, the All-Star game represented the ceremonial moment when they put the league fully into the hands of the next wave of superstars, headlined by Breanna Stewart and A’ja Wilson. With such a major transition underway, ESPN tried to answer a simple question: Who’s got next?

Reaction Score
Hmmmmmmm.............. the only other Husky with eligibility.... He forgot all about Aubrey :(

Reaction Score
I wonder if UConn has petitioned for a red shirt season for Aubrey. I believe she qualifies.

Reaction Score
I wonder if UConn has petitioned for a red shirt season for Aubrey. I believe she qualifies.

I think she would but that doesn’t mean she isn’t eligible

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Since this is Aubrey’s senior year, it’s premature for UConn to petition the NCAA just yet. In addition, Aubrey is already entitled to a “Covid” year after this coming season if she wants it.

Assuming that Aubrey & UConn want to petition the NCAA for an extra year of eligibility for the one Aubrey lost to injury last season, that request would be initiated after the completion of the 2023-24 season. It would almost certainly be granted, giving Aubrey 3 more years of eligibility including this coming season.

Reaction Score
Since this is Aubrey’s senior year, it’s premature for UConn to petition the NCAA just yet. In addition, Aubrey is already entitled to a “Covid” year after this coming season if she wants it.

Assuming that Aubrey & UConn want to petition the NCAA for an extra year of eligibility for the one Aubrey lost to injury last season, that request would be initiated after the completion of the 2023-24 season. It would almost certainly be granted, giving Aubrey 3 more years of eligibility including this coming season.
Which, if she stayed all three years, would be incredible.

Reaction Score
1.Mühl also is draft eligible in 2023. She turns 22 in '23.

2. "if a player has already accomplished something — like Paige Bueckers winning national player of the year — she won’t be considered for the category."

- So it's a bogus "who's next" question? Everyone knows who's next. It's like asking for the likely 2023 champion other than UConn, SCar & Stanford. Bueckers is the most likely by far. She was the consensus best college player when she was a freshman.

You can tell it's July because the wcbb writers have to alter reality to find something new to say.

Reaction Score

While I agree with the result it was my experience (although it was in DIII but still NCAA) that we had to petition to have the lost year forgiven prior to the following year. I'm getting old so perhaps my memory isn't as good as I think or things have changed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom