OT: Whitney Houston’s ‘Higher Love’ Cover Remixed By Kygo and Posthumously Released | The Boneyard

OT: Whitney Houston’s ‘Higher Love’ Cover Remixed By Kygo and Posthumously Released

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

When Whitney Houston recorded her cover of Steve Winwood’s 1986 hit “Higher Love” in 1990, it was meant for her third album I’m Your Baby Tonight. By that time, Houston was already a multi-platinum pop star, and the plan for next LP was for the superstar to pivot further into a more R&B sound. <“When [producer] Narada Michael Walden sent me ‘Higher Love’ with the Whitney vocal, we didn’t want her being a cover artist at that time,” Clive Davis, the veteran record label impresario who helped discover Houston, recalls. “The only place it was released was as a bonus cut in Japan.”

For many Houston fans, her version of “Higher Love” has been elusive and never heard before. Now seven years after her death, the singer’s estate has revived the cover as the first of many forthcoming projects celebrating her musical legacy. According to her sister-in-law Pat Houston, who doubles as the sole executor of Whitney’s estate, “Higher Love” felt like a particularly timely release.

Reaction Score
I get it. Higher love for the FB program now we are leaving the AAC. I'm feeling that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom