Whitmer Tweet | The Boneyard

Whitmer Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Thank you HuskyNation for the continued support! Tonight was on me, but the future is bright for Coach Diaco, this staff and team #bleeblue"

I still think Boyle should play the rest of the games but the give the kid kudos for stepping up. That's more than I could say from the coaches.

Reaction Score
It's been four years of this crap from this program. Chandler played his ass off today, always does and must have been our leading rusher. Today was not on him. It was on the entire program starting with the coaching staff. You want to root for Chandler because of his heart but that turnover was brutal.

Reaction Score
It should never ever have come down to that. Where was the urgency for 3 quarters?

Should Whitmer have used a TO? Yes. Was it a bad throw? Yes. The reality is that it was the final play of the game and the chances of UConn getting a TD on that ONE play just to force OT was slim to begin with. The game was lost well before that.

Losses like this are so costly. I was looking for some tweets about the UConn Hockey game on twitter and came across some reaction to the news of us losing to Army. It is a reminder of how negative our football program is perceived nationally and how losses like this just reinforce it. I have become pretty numb and am now used to the lows of UConn football the past several years. But several hours after this game I am still pissed.

Reaction Score
Probably reading too much in to the tweet but I think Boyle and Foxx split reps the rest of the way.

I was thinking the same thing. Bye week + no longer being bowl eligible + this tweet = change........ or maybe not who knows.

Reaction Score
future is anything but brite

i wonder who told poor wartorn qb to state that

i w o n d e r

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Absolutely zero reason to play Whitmer now. MUST use the bye week to make the transition from Whitmer to Boyle. At this point, I'd rather lose 70-0 with Boyle than 7-0 with Whitmer. Time to play for 2015.

Aside: I can not fahqing wait until a season where we are playing for the year that the current season is being played.

Reaction Score
Fishy said in another thread. You feel awful taking shots at this kid. He is a frigging warrior. He has been prone to the back breaking T/O. I have a lot of respect for this kid, but that turnover was heart breaking.
My thoughts exactly. Tough to see after getting the onside kick and driving them inside the 10. I really thought they were poised to tie that football game.

Reaction Score
It should never ever have come down to that. Where was the urgency for 3 quarters?

Should Whitmer have used a TO? Yes. Was it a bad throw? Yes. The reality is that it was the final play of the game and the chances of UConn getting a TD on that ONE play just to force OT was slim to begin with. The game was lost well before that.

Losses like this are so costly. I was looking for some tweets about the UConn Hockey game on twitter and came across some reaction to the news of us losing to Army. It is a reminder of how negative our football program is perceived nationally and how losses like this just reinforce it. I have become pretty numb and am now used to the lows of UConn football the past several years. But several hours after this game I am still pissed.
There was plenty of time left on the clock for a few more plays if he had just thrown it away.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Man, it's a damn good thing that all of your kids learned to walk and talk and were potty trained at 3 months, otherwise you'd have put them back in the womb. Patience, guys. Everyone's learning.

Reaction Score
Whitmer did not lose this game. The defensive game plan, or lack of one, did.

He lost a chance at winning the game if that makes you feel better. Awful decision but I agree with Fishy, tough to hammer the kid basically because he's a tough kid. But it was the worst decision a QB can make and he's been at it a long time. The defense got better in time to help give the team a chance so reality is that decision is on him. If he threw 2 more incomplete passes in the end zone it wouldn't have been the same as what happened.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I hate that tweet, and that tweet more than anything else shows that Diaco is completely unready to be head coach. Whitmer is Whitmer, and he is not the reason UConn lost. The only person who should be tweeting "it's my fault" is Diaco, who thinks that a 2 Deep is how you defend the option.

Reaction Score
He lost a chance at winning the game if that makes you feel better. Awful decision but I agree with Fishy, tough to hammer the kid basically because he's a tough kid. But it was the worst decision a QB can make and he's been at it a long time. The defense got better in time to help give the team a chance so reality is that decision is on him. If he threw 2 more incomplete passes in the end zone it wouldn't have been the same as what happened.

This almost has it right. He lost a chance at bringing them EVEN (a TD there ties the game)

Can you fully blame Whitmer for a game in which:
-It came as a shock to the coaching staff that Army runs the ball
-The offensive game plan was from Pluto
-The staff can't get itself organized so we do not waste an earlier time out
-The staff substitutes 3 people with ten seconds on the play clock on that play
-And oh yes, Whitmer had just led the team down to a score on the previous drive

Is Whitmer starting at a big time D1 program...probably not. Was this game on him...absolutely not

Reaction Score
It's been four years of this crap from this program. Chandler played his ass off today, always does and must have been our leading rusher. Today was not on him. It was on the entire program starting with the coaching staff. You want to root for Chandler because of his heart but that turnover was brutal.

Absolutely agreed. We lost the game long before the interception. No defense, no offense and lousy coaching lost the game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I hate that tweet, and that tweet more than anything else shows that Diaco is completely unready to be head coach. Whitmer is Whitmer, and he is not the reason UConn lost. The only person who should be tweeting "it's my fault" is Diaco, who thinks that a 2 Deep is how you defend the option.

I do think Whitmer is trying to get something across with that tweet.

He's about to have an injured but not injured lower leg.

Reaction Score
Absolutely agreed. We lost the game long before the interception. No defense, no offense and lousy coaching lost the game.
354 yards of offense for Uconn 3 scores. To 360 for Army and 4 scores. Looked pretty even to me. Uconn had 327 a week ago. Not sure what all of you hooligans are whining about. What are you expecting? Its what this football team is at this current moment. They were there at the end with the chance to tie. Two back breaking INT's were a difference maker.

Last edited:

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
Man, it's a damn good thing that all of your kids learned to walk and talk and were potty trained at 3 months, otherwise you'd have put them back in the womb. Patience, guys. Everyone's learning.

Ridiculous, useless analogy. Our new football coach was supposed to be one of the top defensive minds in the country. He is being paid a lot of money to have his team prepared and ready to play. He did neither, and by his own admission panicked when down by two scores. He is a fraud, he is more concerned with sock length than he is gameplanning, and he is a disaster, plain and simple.

Reactions: APA
Reaction Score
warbler13 said:

Lighten up Francis. You don't lose your best qb and expect a turnaround this year. This is a tough year, but to say that Diaco is not the guy to bring the program back is ridiculous at this point. We didn't have a Sio Moore or a Gratz, a Wilson, a Branch or Wreh- Wilson back there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom