whitmer/passing | The Boneyard

whitmer/passing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
will he be the 2nd husky to throw for 3k+ next fall?

Reaction Score
I'm not sure whittmer will be the starter by years end, hope he is, but I think there will be a lot of competition at the qb position this year, which will make us much better.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I'm not sure whittmer will be the starter by years end, hope he is, but I think there will be a lot of competition at the qb position this year, which will make us much better.

I would like to see Casey beat him out in the spring game. Not because I don't think Whitmer can be a good QB but that Casey would have to be really, really good to beat him.

As far as the new guys coming in, they are Nebrich, Dennis Brown or Michael Box to me.

Reaction Score
if they can keep him upright he can come close. i'd rather see 1500 yards rushing from lyle.

Reaction Score
I want to see a significant reduction in INT's and and increase in TD's. 16-9 is a horrible ratio.

Reaction Score
He did improve the second half for sure. I think also that he had 5 against Cuse, when they were in desperation mode.

I think that he makes big improvement. Has to be able to throw the deep ball with less float.

As far as the new guys coming in, they are Nebrich, Dennis Brown or Michael Box to me.

Or Billy Cundiff - remember him.

And I still think Brown would have worked our better than Lorenzen.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
whitmer does need to cut down ints. but if i remember right he had the crazy 1 vs umass. learners curve he now throws the ball into the stands. he had 2 late vs ruty when gdl O failed us all gave and it was time to throw some hail marys down the sidelines. and then the cuse game was what it was. i think he developed, but could have even more in a legit bcs O and not the bs gdl ran out onto the field.

i am thinking whitmer has a great jr year. 3k passing. 25 tds and 10ints. we have a great corp(best ever depth wise) of wr's and with TJW i think the running situation changes a bit. the ol can't be any worse...

he threw for 2,500 last year considering how bad a year it was, i see major growth coming.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
He did improve the second half for sure. I think also that he had 5 against Cuse, when they were in desperation mode.

I think that he makes big improvement. Has to be able to throw the deep ball with less float.

Or Billy Cundiff - remember him.

And I still think Brown would have worked our better than Lorenzen.

Billy Cundiff. That was the name I couldn't remember as I wrote that.... thanks.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
God knows Whitmer had some talent to throw the ball to like Phillps,Griffin,Smith&Davis just needed more time to throw.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
whitmer does need to cut down ints. but if i remember right he had the crazy 1 vs umass. learners curve he now throws the ball into the stands. he had 2 late vs ruty when gdl O failed us all gave and it was time to throw some hail marys down the sidelines. and then the cuse game was what it was. i think he developed, but could have even more in a legit bcs O and not the bs gdl ran out onto the field.

i am thinking whitmer has a great jr year. 3k passing. 25 tds and 10ints. we have a great corp(best ever depth wise) of wr's and with TJW i think the running situation changes a bit. the ol can't be any worse...

he threw for 2,500 last year considering how bad a year it was, i see major growth coming.

"the ol can't be any worse..."

Dan, any idea who the position coach for the O-line is this year?

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
He has a lot of guts but is too short amd his arm strength is questionable. Best we have as CC is same size and Lagow will be redshirted even if he is better than those 2. He is taller, and even if he is better I have no confidence the doofus HC would give him an honest chance.

Reaction Score
CW can be a very good QB for us. Certainly the best since DO.

But, the posts above are absolutely correct, without much better OL play and much improvement in the running game I don't think the kid can even stay healthy throughout the season. He took a terrible pounding last season. I would be totally shocked if CC or SM beat him out, let alone a true frosh.

Reaction Score
I can care less if he hits 3000 passing. Right now the only thing I am concerned about his troubling turnover rate/decision making. It was a problem before he came here and it looks like it got worse last season.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

pj

Reaction Score
3000 yards passing is not a terribly ambitious target. 63 teams and 38 QBs had over 3000 yards passing last year, http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/passing. For the record I think we'll be close to that, maybe a bit shy, I think the running game will be more effective next year and the defense less effective at returning the ball so I don't expect the number of passing attempts to increase.

More important for me is total points per game where we were #121 out of 124 last year. http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame. Horrific. The 30-32 ppg that Syracuse and Cincinnati had last year should be a target. Don't know if we get there in Weist year 1 but I'm expecting big things by 2014.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
3000 yards passing is not a terribly ambitious target. 63 teams and 38 QBs had over 3000 yards passing last year, http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/passing. For the record I think we'll be close to that, maybe a bit shy, I think the running game will be more effective next year and the defense less effective at returning the ball so I don't expect the number of passing attempts to increase.

More important for me is total points per game where we were #121 out of 124 last year. http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame. Horrific. The 30-32 ppg that Syracuse and Cincinnati had last year should be a target. Don't know if we get there in Weist year 1 but I'm expecting big things by 2014.

yup, all i beg for is a average bcs offense to play its home games in this state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom