White Out Sunday | The Boneyard

White Out Sunday

Curiouser
Reaction Score
MBB_White_Out_Web.jpg

STORRS, Conn. – The UConn men's basketball team won't be the only people dressed in white Sunday afternoon when it challenges the nationally-ranked University of Florida at Gampel Pavilion (3 p.m.).

And the more white, the better.

It will be a White-Out Game at Gampel when the Huskies meet the Gators on campus before an expected sellout crowd. There will be white t-shirts handed out to the student section, and the rest of the crowd is encouraged to support the team by wearing white.

And anybody who forgets to wear white to the game can still join in the fun after they arrive on campus Sunday by visiting the UConn Bookstore before the game and taking advantage of a special one-day offer on Nov. 17 -- all previously-reduced spirit merchandise, 50% off the already reduced price.

Fans are also encouraged to make a visit to the UConn Basketball Hall of Champions, located in the lobby of the Werth Family UConn Basketball Champions Center, open free to the public from 11:30 a.m-12:30 p.m.

Once inside Gampel, fans can get a special "Growl Towel," first-come, first-served, while supplies last. The "Growl Towel" was produced for this game and is certain to become a collector's item.

With UConn also hosting a second-round NCAA Field Hockey Tournament game on campus on Sunday (1 p.m.), traffic could get a bit heavy, but fans can avoid the hassle by taking advantage of the UConn shuttle service to get to and from the game. All the shuttle information needed can be found HERE.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Once inside Gampel, fans can get a special "Growl Towel," first-come, first-served, while supplies last. The "Growl Towel" was produced for this game and is certain to become a collector's item.
"This is the towel I cried in when Florida beat us by triple digits!"

Last edited:

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Dammit. I got a blue jersey for the holidays and wanted to wear it Sunday. Anyone think that's bad etiquette?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
"This is the towel I cried in when Florida beat us by triple digits!"
Funny.

Still it was better than the original promotion which was a white flag:

"When the team gives up, you can too! Sure to become a prized collectors' item to be placed along side your ConFLiCT championship banner!"

1573777125478.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With the way we just played, I almost wanted white out to mean a Nor'ester canceling the game.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Classic UConn to announce a white out less than 72 hours before the game.
There are a lot of things to fault about the University, Athletic Department and men’s basketball program, but this gripe is one that always makes me chuckle. I don’t know if you’re the same poster I ribbed about this last year, but does it really require that much notice for you to plan your game day attire? What would you do with more notice? Something really special?

It just strikes me as one of the more bizarre criticisms.

Reaction Score
There are a lot of things to fault about the University, Athletic Department and men’s basketball program, but this gripe is one that always makes me chuckle. I don’t know if you’re the same poster I ribbed about this last year, but does it really require that much notice for you to plan your game day attire? What would you do with more notice? Something really special?

It just strikes me as one of the more bizarre criticisms.

It's not the lead time, it's the reach. An email and social media posts ain't gonna cut it. As @gampelcrazies as stated many times, it needs to be on ticket stub presented to season ticket holders and electronic purchases. It needs to be planned in advance for that reason.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It's not the lead time, it's the reach. An email and social media posts ain't gonna cut it. As @gampelcrazies as stated many times, it needs to be on ticket stub presented to season ticket holders and electronic purchases. It needs to be planned in advance for that reason.
They e-mailed me, presumably because I bought a ticket electronically. I’m guessing season ticket holders get the same e-mails?

Reaction Score
They e-mailed me, presumably because I bought a ticket electronically. I’m guessing season ticket holders get the same e-mails?

Sure, but this is what they have done every year since the last time they gave shirts out a couple years ago and the efficacy has been bad. The proof is in the pudding.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom