Whipple outcoached Edsall | The Boneyard

Whipple outcoached Edsall

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
We suck currently I could out coach him

Reaction Score
Indisputable. By throwing deep he accomplished 2 things. Made DBs respect the pass and they proved largely incapable of doing it, also it freed up their running game underneath. Their QB isnt half as talented as ours, but their coach had a dar greater imagination than ours. It doesn't matter however. No one cares enough to go to games anymore.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whipple coached the worst half of football I’ve ever seen in the first half.

The trainwreck of a drive down 7-3 going into the half provided cause to fire him.

It was watching two coaches who didn’t want to win for the first 40 minutes and then UMass figured it out.

Reaction Score
The strength of the offense this season was supposed to be the receiving corps. So why not use them? Edsall was definitely out coached. It is so weird that P, Diaco and now Edsall all settle on the same offensive philosophy and all get the same results. He's got one more year to prove he can get this thing moving in the right direction.

There is no excuse in the book for losing to UMass this season. You score 30 against a ranked USF and then can't score 20 vs UMass? And... with this loss you seal the deal for no post season play? Why should the kids play with any sense of pride or comradely after this embarrassing loss?

Last edited:
C

Chief00

The trainwreck of a drive down 7-3 going into the half provided cause to fire him.

It was watching two coaches who didn’t want to win for the first 40 minutes and then UMass figured it out.

Close games are about adjustments and Whipple ate our lunch. Randy doesn’t have a strong coaching staff and that’s one of the differences between now and his first time at UConn. No Orlando or Moorhead or Foley on this staff.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Close games are about adjustments and Whipple ate our lunch. Randy doesn’t have a strong coaching staff and that’s one of the differences between now and his first time at UConn. No Orlando or Moorhead or Foley on this staff.

The adjustment UMass made was they stopped dropping passes. That Whipple stopped being scared of 4th down helped.

Reaction Score

What did you think of Randy's masterpiece? It's like watching a fighter way past his prime at this point. Reflexes are totally gone.

Reaction Score
Like him and respect what he did here from 99-10 but this was clearly doomed from the start.

So, you think Edsall will fail? Not trying to argue, just asking if that’s your thinking. I’m not sure yet. I like his ability to find athletes but as I’ve felt for almost 20 years now, he needs to keep his hands off the offense.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So, you think Edsall will fail? Not trying to argue, just asking if that’s your thinking. I’m not sure yet. I like his ability to find athletes but as I’ve felt for almost 20 years now, he needs to keep his hands off the offense.

I don’t think he is going to fail. He has already failed and Edsall 2.0 is DOA.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Whipple outcoached Edsall in that his passing game accumulated more than 15 yards.

Don’t get me wrong - I’ve liked Whipple for a long time and I would have liked to have seen him as UConn’s head coach. After today, though, I don’t feel like I’d want to see him on our sideline.

C

Chief00

“Then UMass figured it out” is UMass making adjustments.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
“Then UMass figured it out” is UMass making adjustments.

I guess realizing the other team is playing to lose is an adjustment.

C

Chief00

I guess realizing the other team is playing to lose is an adjustment.
You have watched UConn the last 7 years and Mark Whipple coached the worse half of football you have seen. Hard to believe - that’s a very low bar.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You have watched UConn the last 7 years and Mark Whipple coached the worse half of football you have seen. Hard to believe - that’s a very low bar.

I wish I was taking notes, but the drive at the end of the first half was the single ugliest thing I’ve ever seen. Fire the coach at the half bad.

Reaction Score
It’s tough to lose, but I’m really happy this game, THE U GAME, is back on the schedule. Both programs are building and if our alumni would just buy the tickets we could sell out Gillette. This game should also be played every 3rd year at Fenway.

Reaction Score
Like him and respect what he did here from 99-10 but this was clearly doomed from the start.
today reminded me of why I wasn’t a Edsall fan during his last stint here. Except for his last year,(and when he had Dan O). he was very conservative. In his last year, he did become more aggressive, but by hindsight , he was auditioning for a better job. he gave us nothing today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom