While Sue is sitting out ... | The Boneyard

While Sue is sitting out ...

Reaction Score
Hey Milford, get back to the music thread - you’ve been posting some really good songs there. However, if taking a break can’t think of anything much better than Sue Bird videos.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hey Milford, get back to the music thread - you’ve been posting some really good songs there. However, if taking a break can’t think of anything much better than Sue Bird videos.
I was just thinking about basketball for a little while. :).

Reaction Score
I'm in awe of what Sue does. It's not overly flashy, but just super clutch, always the right decision and nothing but team first. Sometimes I wonder why she doesn't get at least mentioned in GOAT conversations. She's unquestionably got the lock on greatest PG of all time.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think she is often mentioned as the GOAT PG in WNBA circles. The run last year really cemented her position

Still, in UConn circles such as the SNY analysts, she has stiff competition but breaks the MT Rushmore standard (above Rebecca Lobo) although for historical reasons as the biggest reason for the birth of our dynasty , Lobo in most peoples mind pushes her off the MT.

• 10: Moriah Jefferson
  • 9: Kerry Bascom
  • 8: Nykesha Sales
  • 7: Jen Rizzotti
  • 6: Tina Charles
  • 5: Rebecca Lobo
  • 4: Sue Bird
  • 3: Maya Moore
  • 2: Breanna Stewart
  • 1: Diana Taurasi

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It was her night.

That was a great series. I told a lot of people who don't watch WNBA games to watch it. It reminded me of the Celtics - Lakers games. It was an absolute blast to watch.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think she is often mentioned as the GOAT PG in WNBA circles. The run last year really cemented her position

Still, in UConn circles such as the SNY analysts, she has stiff competition but breaks the MT Rushmore standard (above Rebecca Lobo) although for historical reasons as the biggest reason for the birth of our dynasty , Lobo in most peoples mind pushes her off the MT.

• 10: Moriah Jefferson
  • 9: Kerry Bascom
  • 8: Nykesha Sales
  • 7: Jen Rizzotti
  • 6: Tina Charles
  • 5: Rebecca Lobo
  • 4: Sue Bird
  • 3: Maya Moore
  • 2: Breanna Stewart
  • 1: Diana Taurasi
That's a pretty good list from a pretty good group of judges, but it's from February 2018. It's hard not to be affected by post-UConn play, which helps Dee, Sue, and others and may hurt Jen and Moriah. In addition, if the same group re-compiled a list today, I think Gabby, Lou, and/or Pheesa would crack the top 10.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It was her night.

Game 5 against a team that included the red hot DeWanna Bonner, Britney Griner, and of course the GOAT. Outdoing Taurasi is not something that happens very often. In win-or-go-home games, it had never happened. Legendary.

Look at the score: Seattle down 4 after a 3 by Phoenix, Sue matches it to cut the lead to 1. Seattle down 1, Sue hits the midrange jumper to give Seattle the lead. Game tied, Sue for 3 to grab the lead. Seattle up 5, Sue for 3 to extend the lead with time winding down. Seattle up 7 in the last minute and Phoenix barely hanging on, Sue for 3 is the final dagger. Not afraid to take the big shot. And she made them, one after the other.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Don't forget her face mask and that most of her 4th Q heroics came after she became riled up when she thought the opponent was targeting her nose.:cool:

Reaction Score
No other words to describe it, STUFFS OF LEGENDS!!! I honestly had no inkling that little Sue Bird from Long Island and UConn would ever become this phenomenal player and person!!!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom