While Nobody was Paying Attention, Arby’s Became Fantastic

Discussion in 'Off Topic Archive' started by huskymedic, Aug 15, 2018.

1. huskymedic

huskymedic

@August_West

While Nobody Was Paying Attention, Arby's Became Fantastic

>>I mention this because, as a fan, I’ve long been keeping an eye on anything and everything that comes out of Arby’s, even if I only actually eat there a few times a year. The public perception of Arby’s has long been that it’s kind of a grandpa sandwich, a milquetoast piece of lost Americana that piles plain roast beef on a plain bun, maybe hits it with cheese and Arby’s sauce, and calls it good.

But if you look at fast food trends across the board, you’ll see that Arby’s has always been well ahead of the trends. Long before the current value-box arms race, Arby’s was selling five original roast beef sandwiches for $5 and likely sending cabinet freezer stocks skyrocketing in the midwest. Years before other chains realized a fried chicken sandwich could include more than mayonnaise and iceberg lettuce, Arby’s was selling stuff like its Chicken Cordon Bleu filet. Healthier choices? The Market Fresh sandwiches and salads were at the forefront. Chicken tenders instead of nuggets? Arby’s.<<

>>And they arrived here with little braggadocio. While everybody with futzing around with stunt food, Arby's went from a good restaurant you tend to forget until you're desperate on a road trip to fast food's most innovative and consistently impressive empires.<<

August_West likes this.
  2. storrsroars

storrsroars Exiled in Pittsburgh

I don't understand the appeal of curly fries. Anybody's curly fries. Or seasoned fries. Never have, never will.

3. huskymedic

huskymedic

The only place for Curley’s Fries is Wildwood NJ.;)

4. CL82

CL82 Everyday, on every play, in every way

While "Nobody" was paying attention... hmm...

Does that make @August_West "Nobody"?

#someguy'srevenge

August_West likes this.
  5. August_West

August_West

Always trust content from Adub

8893 and CL82 like this.
  6. Waquoit

Waquoit

Was that Archer I just heard doing the voiceover on that Arby's commercial? I think I may have to be in.

7. Carl Spackler

Carl Spackler