Which Wooden candidate is most likely to go off in a conference tournament? | The Boneyard

Which Wooden candidate is most likely to go off in a conference tournament?

Reaction Score
I would love to see it.

His write up is terrible though. UConn is not going to be at or near .500 in conference. Bouk it. And that's revisionist history about the 2011 team. They were squarely in. Nobody goes from bubble team to 3 seed in 5 days.

John Gasaway, college basketball writer: Why is everyone responding to this question in the form of a question? I'll go with James Bouknight. If anyone can do justice to the example set by Kemba, it's going to be a high-usage UConn star with roots in the Big Apple. Nor do the parallels stop there. Like the Huskies in 2011, this current team looks like it could wrap up Big East play at or near .500 in the conference.

Like that UConn team of destiny from a decade ago, Bouknight and his teammates might need to win a game or two in the Big East tournament to feel entirely safe on Selection Sunday. That's the kind of motivation that can result in Kemba-level performances, and Bouknight has the talent to deliver them. He is set to go off at Madison Square Garden next month. No question about it.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I cannot stand the narrative that we weren’t a lock before that BET. Even if we’d lost to DePaul we were no worse than an 8 seed.
really? my recollection could be muddy on that.

Reaction Score
The narrative was we weren’t a lock but our resume was actually very good.

Reaction Score
We were ranked most of the season in ‘11 and finished .500 in a league that set a record for most at large tournament bids at the time if I’m not mistaken so we were in comfortably probably just off Maui alone that year LOL

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Prediction: Bouk is left off of All Big East first team and then goes on to score 30 ppg in BET as we win 3 games by an average of 14 points

Reaction Score
Prediction: Bouk is left off of All Big East first team and then goes on to score 30 ppg in BET as we win 3 games by an average of 14 points
Ironic that you posted this a few minutes after the BE awards were announced. I like the second part of your prediction though.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The narrative was we weren’t a lock but our resume was actually very good.
Mostly because we just limped into the pre-season. That last game against ND was an all-time stinker. If we played another stinker and lost to DePaul, it could very well have been put into the committee's hands.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom