Which UConn/State Officials Are Going To Big 12 Headquarters This Week? | The Boneyard

Which UConn/State Officials Are Going To Big 12 Headquarters This Week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I heard the presidents are meeting today. Not sure if any officials are there.

Reaction Score
From what I've seen, we already have the minimum 12/16 votes needed from the Big 12 ADs. People are saying that it's going to be the commish Yormark pitching us to the Big 12 presidents in this next meeting.

Reaction Score
Potential attendees:

Governor-He’s the President of UConn BOT
UConn President
Athletic Director
BOT Chairman
Donors
Business Leaders
Hopefully Blumenthal is not going.
Yormark is delivering the presentation (which is a good thing) but I'm sure will have some of our guys will be in attendance. I wouldn't be surprised if Hurley, Geno, or Mora also came but this sounds about right

Keep Blumenthal as far away from Dallas as possible. Let's also revoke his Twitter access for safe measures

Reaction Score
From what I've seen, we already have the minimum 12/16 votes needed from the Big 12 ADs. People are saying that it's going to be the commish Yormark pitching us to the Big 12 presidents in this next meeting.
I don’t think they’d schedule a meeting with the presidents if there were more than 4 ADs strongly opposed to it. I think it’s more likely that 1 or 2 needed votes are on the fence and Yormark needs to sell them on it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That’s what I thought too. My son who is a fanatic just sent me a text that they were meeting today. Of course he could’ve heard it from the car wash or the meeting could be in 20 minutes.
So, you're saying he's got credible sources then...

Reaction Score
Norlander on his podcast sounding very skeptical about uconn to the big 12. Says presidents are concerned about football (obviously) and the house settlement. He said Yormark might be able to sell it, but he did sound very hesitant.

Reaction Score
Norlander on his podcast sounding very skeptical about uconn to the big 12. Says presidents are concerned about football (obviously) and the house settlement. He said Yormark might be able to sell it, but he did sound very hesitant.
Is that what i just watched with Garry Parish?

Reaction Score
A podcast and video from Gary Parrish & Norlander (at CBS Sports I believe) stated that there are many ADs and school presidents not in love with us possibly coming.. He mentioned that Yormark will have to be a major salesman to sell us.

Hoping he can sell an igloo to an eskimo cuz I want the program to exist in future.

Reaction Score
A podcast and video from Gary Parrish & Norlander (at CBS Sports I believe) stated that there are many ADs and school presidents not in love with us possibly coming.. He mentioned that Yormark will have to be a major salesman to sell us.

Hoping he can sell an igloo to an eskimo cuz I want the program to exist in future.
Oops, I didnt see earlier message from Ucxc24

Reaction Score
Hopefully they bring Lamont along too. He has shown his support to UConn athletics and I think that goes a long way with the schools in the Big 12. That shows the state is behind the program which only helps down the road.

Reaction Score
Hopefully they bring Lamont along too. He has shown his support to UConn athletics and I think that goes a long way with the schools in the Big 12. That shows the state is behind the program which only helps down the road.
Last time he was in Texas though, he sorta offended... well, the entire city of Houston.

Reaction Score
Norlander is always negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore