Which UCONN players besides KLS make the WBCA Team | The Boneyard

Which UCONN players besides KLS make the WBCA Team

Which 2 make the WBCA team in addition to KLS?

• Nurse

• Stevens

• Collier

• Williams

Results are only viewable after voting.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if we just see 2 Huskies this year on the team, but if 3 make the team, who are the other 2 in addition to KLS?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'm speculating Kia is UConn's 3rd Nominee for th WBCA All American Team. If she makes the WBCA National Defensive Player of the Year, she'll be an All American, if not she won't be.

Reaction Score
If I were picking the team Nurse and Williams would both make it along with KLS. Collier is outstanding but has been less consistent than those three and there are players with great seasons who will be left out.

Reaction Score
I have to think that Lou, Gabby and Kia will be the team's three nominees. After watching Kia's superb performances on defense lately, including last night, there is no doubt in my mind that she is the best defensive player in the nation right now by a comfortable margin. I have come to believe that will be the definitive factor that gets her on the WCBA's 10-player All America team, perhaps even instead of (but hopefully in addition to) Gabby.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Although I doubt Collier makes first team WBCA her willingness to share the ball within the core four and with Z, coupled with her improvement as a passer, are critical to the success of this year's club.
Fully agree, and I think these two would be locks for next year, since we all know they're both staying! :rolleyes:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Gabby and KLS are locks for WBCA AA. Kia Nurse took a major step towards making this squad when she was named the AAC Defensive player of the Year.
The National Defensive POY is chosen from the conference DPOY winners and is NDPO is never excluded from the WNBA AA team. Kia only competition for this award would have been A'Ja Wilson but A'Ja was only named Co-DPOY for the SEC.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
The 2 Seniors go out with the accolades they deserve!

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Gabby and KLS are locks for WBCA AA. Kia Nurse took a major step towards making this squad when she was named the AAC Defensive player of the Year.
The National Defensive POY is chosen from the conference DPOY winners and is NDPO is never excluded from the WNBA AA team. Kia only competition for this award would have been A'Ja Wilson but A'Ja was only named Co-DPOY for the SEC.
Well that's very encouraging, Coco. I'm biased but I believe Kia's shutdown defense, 3-point shooting, absence of turnovers and gritty leadership and determination qualify her for All-America accolades this season. Another lockdown of the Latvian Launcher tonight should seal the deal.

Reaction Score
As Kia should be on the HOH wall, I hope she makes the AA team. She is most probably the third in voters minds (after KLS and Williams) from UConn so it will be tight....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I find the conditions of this vote intolerable and will not play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom