Which top seniors will return for the 21-22 season? | The Boneyard

Which top seniors will return for the 21-22 season?

Reaction Score
Since this will come up a lot, I figured we could keep a thread going:

Will return
Will not return
Undecided

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This potentially will have HUGE implications for who will be the top teams next year.

It's all water under the bridge, but I can't help but think how much timing and bad luck can effect someone--Kat Tudor got to play 3 1/3 seasons while a bunch of players are potentially going to be able to play 4 2/3 seasons. She was just born 1 year too early.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think the teams that will benefit the most are those who have players that aren't likely 1st round pro prospects but are excellent collegiate players.

Names to keep an eye on include Didi Richards, Moon Ursin, Dijonai Carrington, Anastasia Hayes, Andra Espinoza Hunter, Vivian Gray, Unique Thompson, N'Dea Jones, Ciera Johnson, Kayla Wells, Jasmine Walker, Kiana Williams, and Mya Hollingshed.

All of these players should be eligible for a grad transfer if they aren't 5th years already (Ciera Johnson) so the offseason could definitely shake things up.

Reaction Score
I think the teams that will benefit the most are those who have players that aren't likely 1st round pro prospects but are excellent collegiate players.

Names to keep an eye on include Didi Richards, Moon Ursin, Dijonai Carrington, Anastasia Hayes, Andra Espinoza Hunter, Vivian Gray, Unique Thompson, N'Dea Jones, Ciera Johnson, Kayla Wells, Jasmine Walker, Kiana Williams, and Mya Hollingshed.

All of these players should be eligible for a grad transfer if they aren't 5th years already (Ciera Johnson) so the offseason could definitely shake things up.

The rumor mill in Waco is that Richards & Carrington are gone, Ursin is returning. Seems reasonable.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Can people please post sources where possible, look at the first post, its trying to be official with links to confirm the news.

I went back through a few hundred (?) tweets to post the source about Raca. I remember who posted it... but knew it was posted several weeks ago.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Can people please post sources where possible, look at the first post, its trying to be official with links to confirm the news.
I don't have a link...but Coach Moore has said in the last couple of post-game interviews that Perez will stay and work on her Masters degree at NC State. Tonight, Jones and Crutchfield were asked about their prospects and both said they will not make a decision until the season is over.

Sorry...that's the best I can do.

Reaction Score
I don't have a link...but Coach Moore has said in the last couple of post-game interviews that Perez will stay and work on her Masters degree at NC State. Tonight, Jones and Crutchfield were asked about their prospects and both said they will not make a decision until the season is over.

Sorry...that's the best I can do.

Found it.

Reaction Score
UNC's preview of senior night says that three seniors will be playing their final game at Carmichael Arena.
the final game at Carmichael Arena for three Tar Heels. Senior Janelle Bailey and graduate students Petra Holešínská and Stephanie Watts will be honored in Senior Night ceremonies following the game.

Those are their top 3 scorers right there.
Bailey 13.6 ppg, 7.9 rpg (leading ppg and rpg)
Holesinka 12.7 ppg (2nd leading scorer)
Watts 11 ppg, 5.6 rpg (3rd leading ppg, 2nd leading rpg)

Reaction Score

AEH said on Twitter that she chose to leave Mississippi State because they didn't have the masters degree that she wanted (physical therapy, I think). She most definitely isn't finishing that schooling in one semester, so I wonder if she will come back? Seems like a good idea for her.

Reaction Score
Natalie Chou, a redshirt senior transfer from Baylor, has “unequivocally” said she will use her additional eligibility year in 2021-2022, according to Close.

Article also quotes Onyenwere who is leaning toward leaving, like Boley is categorized as doing above.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rennia and KK gone; Keyen Green back it sounds like. Tennessee Lady Vols coach Kellie Harper updates futures of Keyen Green, Jaiden McCoy

For at least three Tennessee women's basketball players, Sunday will be their final game in Knoxville.

The Lady Vols will honor their seniors as they wrap up the season against Auburn. Fans will have one final chance to see cornerstone seniors like forward Rennia Davis and post Kasiyahna Kushkituah.

But it may not be the end of the road for two upperclassmen, who can vie for an extra year of eligibility due to injuries and COVID-19 protocol.

In fact, Tennessee coach Kellie Harper basically confirmed on Tuesday that forward Keyen Green, who joined the program as a graduate transfer from Liberty, will be returning next season.

Reaction Score
Dana Evans is definitely gone. As she should be. She could have gone last year.
This technologically-challenged "senior" doesn't know how to post a link, but Evans went through Senior Night with her family and gave several tearful interviews. There are several recent articles in the local media confirming that she is leaving.

Reaction Score
I can understand why the NCAA would give a "free" year to everyone rather than have to parse through who should get one based on injury, COVID protocol and just the general craziness it would be wise for most of these young ladies, if their degree will be in hand, to move on.

Few players ever make money professionally playing basketball. Some could no doubt improve their draft prospects but the WNBA isn't getting larger and roster spots are intensely competitive. The reality is there are plenty of good players out there who aren't on rosters. Some could definitely go overseas and make money but not many will ever earn a dime playing basketball.

If I were a 22/23 year old person who will have their degree completed then I would not return. If there was a chance to complete a master's degree by the end of next year I would come back depending on the field of study. It will create even more chaos to the annual spring transfer fair.

Reaction Score
I'm interested in the Texas A&M seniors. Pretty huge for the SEC race.

Arkansas also is interesting situation.

I assume Rennia Davis is going.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom