Which school took the biggest nut shot from the Big 12? | The Boneyard

Which school took the biggest nut shot from the Big 12?

Which school took the biggest nut shot from the Big 12?

• UConn - Rule # 1 requires it.

• Cincy - "I thought we were a lock"

• Houston - Wanted to get this done before Herman got out of town.

• Memphis - They are probably still in denial "Until Pres. Obama says it, there's still a chance"

• BYU - "Big 12? Probably gay."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
So many schools to choose from, but the favorites are listed above.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Take a guess balloon knot

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
The Big 12 took tbe biggest hit, they look like even more of a joke than before. That conference isn't going to last too much longer.

Agree with the above. The B12 is a comedy act which could turn to tragedy. They need to decide how to get a B12 Network & establish a path forward with the 10 teams.

The kick to the other teams will come once the B12 selects other teams, which will happen in time.

The B12 can not be the only league without a TV network & stuck with 10 teams (4 of which are in TX).

Reaction Score
All the other presidents who were publicly begging for an invite, only to have to head back to the AAC with their tails tucked in.

If karma exists, they will never receive a P5 invite. But we all know rule #1.

Reaction Score
Houston is already running massive deficits. Putting themselves on the hook for an elite head coach annually, while committing 10s of millions to upgrade a bball arena for a perennial 10-win program is going to be devastating for them.

That said, I voted for Cincy cause there was literally no Big 12 expansion scenario that didn't involve them. Literally all the Big 12 had to do was act and they would have been in.

Reaction Score
No one. Equal to all parties. Nothing different today than yesterday for everyone.

This was over the day no school from the B1G, SEC, PAC or ACC answered the phone when the Big 12 called looking for someone to come over and play. The rest was just a pretend exercise to see if they could squeeze more money out the media partners by not expanding rathe than the mandatory per new team clause.

Reaction Score
If you want to determine who took the biggest kick then you have to look at a program's options after no Big 12 expansion...

Houston - yes they sold their soul and mortgaged themselves to the hilt but they still have a populous market and a hot football program. The PAC might consider them and they might get a look by the ACC. The bad news for Houston is they are likely at their peak now....next year Herman is gone and its time to rebuild. Oh yeah, those new upgrade bills are still coming...

BYU - was a controversial pick before and remains one now. They have P5 bona fides but are politically radioactive. BYU's P5 options are very, very limited but they were before all this...at the end of the day sports are just the marketing arm for the LDS and the LDS has lots of money.

UConn - remains a strong candidate for the ACC and potential combo option for the BIG. UConn was everything the Big12 didn't want and UConn still made it for final consideration. It is hard to be excited about a "no decision" but UConn probably improved its position for future expansion. If the BHV info ever leaks out it could further really help UConn. Something had to keep UConn in the running cause it was obvious the Big12 sportswriters really, really did not want UConn. My guess is it was the numbers....

Cincy - is the big loser and here is why. They are not a likely candidate for the ACC. They have absolutely no chance for the BIG/SEC/PAC. Bottom line this was probably Cincy's only chance. Cincy probably deserved better but deserve has nothing to do with it. Add in the embarrassing public groveling demonstrated by Cincy's former President and its a menage of trios of shame. I actually feel bad for Bearcat fans tonight....

Reaction Score
Cincy was heralded as a safe pick all along IF there was expansion.
No expansion is the last thing they wanted to hear.
My vote is for Cincy

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
There are some good reasons for the ACC to choose Cincy over UConn

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
a) they aren't named UConn
2) They expand the ACC footprint
iii) Ohio is fertile recruiting territory
D) they are a solid institution academically and athletically

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This is definitely the biggest blow for Houston. They mortgaged their entire future on this decision and spent big with the intent of getting that money back somehow. Now sure how that's gonna happen anytime soon. This is a school that doesn't even have the BE exit money to fall back on like Cincy, USF, or we do.

I agree that Cincy has a shot at the ACC should they feel the need to expand. The level of hatred toward our school by some of the members in that conference is hard to overcome. It's really jealousy and the hope to suffocate us that is fueling the hatred. I could easily seeing us getting bypassed for Cincy at some point should it get to that.

Reaction Score
Houston because their stock goes down as soon as Ward and Herman depart and Texas really didn't want them anyway. Can't understand what the league got out of leaving millions on the table though. Maybe those disclosures will come later.

Reaction Score
The Big XII took the biggest nut shot today. They're a dead conference walking at this point.

And to be completely and totally honest - the more I got my hands wrapped around the Big XII and the issues there - i'm not sure if it's not a bullet dodged, tbh.

Reaction Score
I'm just waiting for the "who had the most votes" rumors to start.

I don't believe anyone had votes because I don't believery a vote was ever called

Reaction Score
Biggest nutshot: Hartford/New Haven television market.

All the other potential markets have major league sports teams. We have nothing, the AAC is the biggest draw in town. Connecticut gets the shaft yet again, we don't have the Saints or Astros or Magic or Flyers or Cowboys or Buccaneers or Rockies or Reds etc. games to drown our sorrows with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom