Which one won't make your eyes bleed? | The Boneyard

Which one won't make your eyes bleed?

Which Non-UConn Championship match up would be the most entertaining in 2017?

• Notre Dame vs Maryland

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Maryland vs Baylor

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Baylor vs South Carolina

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • South Carolina vs Ohio St.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Ohio St. vs Louisville

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Louisville vs Texas

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Notre Dame vs Baylor

Votes: 32 41.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I like beautiful basketball. Geno & staff (Muffet's teams over the past 4 years as well) have proven the women can play the game in a way that is pleasing to the eye with proper guidance. So have at it.

Reaction Score
I like beautiful basketball. Geno & staff (Muffet's teams over the past 4 years as well) have proven the women can play the game in a way that is pleasing to the eye with proper guidance. So have at it.
Totally agree. Two teams that play exceptional team ball. I used to think Geno was a jerk. He really is a great coach and a much better human being as he ages.

Reaction Score
There's no Baylor vs Louisville on the list - there might be some entertaining bad blood there, maybe not for the players but probably for the fans.

I'll vote for Baylor vs anyone but Notre Dame, cuz we have great guests from Baylor here on the Boneyard, and if the premise is no UConn in the NC, then let's show a little support for our friends.

Reaction Score
...I'll vote for Baylor vs anyone but Notre Dame, cuz we have great guests from Baylor here on the Boneyard, and if the premise is no UConn in the NC, then let's show a little support for our friends.
Aww, c'mon now, we have some great guests from Notre Dame as well who are enlightened and respectful. And...our South Carolina guest also. I think they (and others) help makes the BY one of the top WCBB fan forums in the world.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Aww, c'mon now, we have some great guests from Notre Dame as well who are enlightened and respectful. And...our South Carolina guest also. I think they (and others) help makes the BY one of the top WCBB fan forums in the world.

Why thanks, JavaMan. I'd like to think the Fightin' Irish contributors -- led by the Simian and the Flying Artichoke -- can add some insights, value, facts and a degree of humor from time to time.

Obviously, I'd like to have ND in the final. It would be interesting to see A'ja Wilson and Ms. Coates face off against Brianna Turner and our array of guards/wings. But I'd also be interested in a Baylor-ND match-up that would have Lauren Cox and Erin Boley on the floor.

(Fun to type words that have to do with games and players who are ON teams, as opposed to prognostications. ;))

Reaction Score
I picked Baylor/N.D. because I want to see what Kim and Muffet wear. Who wears the tightest skirt and squats down the longest to watch their team.

And mdakota talking about Tennessee. Come on now.... let's be serious. :)

Reaction Score
Fast paced and more offensive games are more 'entertaining' IMO. Like why all-star games are entertaining - bc there's no defense! So I'm going with Louisville & Ohio state... what I remember of them was good guards/shooters, and a fast pace.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Of the schools listed.... i have the least dislike/contempt for Ohio State and Louisville. So that's the matchup i voted for

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As of today, I'd prefer South Carolina vs Notre Dame.

And then hope that ND wins, because over the following few years, loosing again in the finals to UConn repeatedly won't be quite as devastating to them. :D
Wrong answer as rooting against ND is mandatory. I think out of the team listed I'd like to see SC win. It's all moot though. None of the teams listed will win.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Even tho not a match up listed I think Maryland vs Texas could get interesting

Reaction Score
Jeff Waltz and Louisville 3rd time is the charm because they wont be facing Geno and Co.

Last edited:

CBear01

Reaction Score
Jeff Waltz and Louisville 3rd time is the carm because they wont be facing Geno and Co.

Well it's only 3rd times a charm if they DO play UCONN right? Someone has to check my stats (going by memory here) but their only two title match ups came against the likes of Geno and Co. But with a 11-0 record in title games I think a team needs more than charm right? :D:p

Reaction Score
Well it's only 3rd times a charm if they DO play UCONN right? Someone has to check my stats (going by memory here) but their only two title match ups came against the likes of Geno and Co. But with a 11-0 record in title games I think a team needs more than charm right? :D:p
It was meant for them being in the NC game. The charm is not facing them again.

CBear01

Reaction Score
It was meant for them being in the NC game. The charm is not facing them again.

Thanks for the clear up on that one!...man there's more hidden meaning into these posts than there are in all of Shakespeare's dramas! :p

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Not listed but I'd like to see South Carolina versus Notre Dame again.. I still have a sour taste about the meeting a few years ago. ONE POINT. :(... A rematch is needed.

Another game I would love to see is Maryland vs. Notre Dame.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee vs Notre Dame would be my choice.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Not listed but I'd like to see South Carolina versus Notre Dame again.. I still have a sour taste about the meeting a few years ago. ONE POINT. :(... A rematch is needed.

Another game I would love to see is Maryland vs. Notre Dame.
Sorry to disagree a bit, but for me, Dawn beating Mulkey while watching Kim's DNA explode would be almost as good as watching The UConn turn them into polygons.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Totally agree. Two teams that play exceptional team ball. I used to think Geno was a jerk. He really is a great coach and a much better human being as he ages.
Being a great coach or being a jerk are not primarily exclusive terms. Some very good, even excellent coaches have been jerks (don't think just WBB) or does that mean any at times are not jerks (women or men)

Reaction Score
I would love to see Ball State take out Tennessee.......in the NIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom