Which matchups are you most looking fwd to vs Duke? | The Boneyard

Which matchups are you most looking fwd to vs Duke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
As a Nutmegger and Terp, nothing is better than when you #BeatDuke. I know they traditionally choke against the Huskies, but I am hoping it will be competitive because there may not be another competitive game again until February 9. I think there will be some good matchups to watch.

I am most interested in seeing Kiah play defense on E. Williams. I'd like to see a good rebound battle too. Which matchups are you looking fwd to most?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The matchup between my finger and the off button on my remote control

much-sad.jpg

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
One of Moriah's early great games last season was against Duke. Would like to see a repeat. I'd also like to see KML hit seven threes. No, these are not matchups per se, but this what I wanna see in person!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The first matchup will be Kiah versus Williams. In Kiah's freshman year, she totally dominated Williams. I expect the same again. But we may have to wait for the 10 minute mark for this one.

Duke has some height, but can they contain Stewie and Morgan? Given JPM's defenses, I think we will see K all alone in the corners for those lovely threes that snap the net. She will try to double Stewie which we know is just plain insane.

And last, I think Gabby is going to go off on Duke. She is turning into a nightmare for defenses to deal with.

And my wife and I will be there screaming our heads off!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Kiah Stokes and Morgan Tuck, both double/doubles humiliating Elizabeth Williams, the lousiest player to ever be named 3x All-American and most likely going to be named AA at the end of this season! Hugely over-rated since she became a college player!
Stewie getting 25 to 30 points, 10 RB's, 4 blks, playing 32 minutes!
Gabby Williams using her superior athletic ability on the front line!
MoJeff & Nurse running wild on offense & defense!
Saniya having 10 points off the bench!
UCONN 86 / DUKE 48 to close out the UCONN vs DUKE series with a bang!

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
As a Nutmegger and Terp, nothing is better than when you #BeatDuke. I know they traditionally choke against the Huskies, but I am hoping it will be competitive because there may not be another competitive game again until February 9. I think there will be some good matchups to watch.

I am most interested in seeing Kiah play defense on E. Williams. I'd like to see a good rebound battle too. Which matchups are you looking fwd to most?
Or maybe I should say E. Williams versus #41

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Kiah Stokes and Morgan Tuck, both double/doubles humiliating Elizabeth Williams, the lousiest player to ever be named 3x All-American and most likely going to be named AA at the end of this season! Hugely over-rated since she became a college player!
Stewie getting 25 to 30 points, 10 RB's, 4 blks, playing 32 minutes!
Gabby Williams using her superior athletic ability on the front line!
MoJeff & Nurse running wild on offense & defense!
Saniya having 10 points off the bench!
UCONN 86 / DUKE 48 to close out the UCONN vs DUKE series with a bang!

May God help you if one day in the future, you are in a hospital bed somewhere and in walks Dr. Elizabeth Williams ...... I really hope she doesnt turn out as overrated as a medical doctor as she is a basketball player :rolleyes:

I'll post a link to an article about the overrated EW :oops: Perhaps she would be a better player if she spent more time focusing on her trade as opposed to other activities.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209791087

A few excerpts

The Women’s Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA), the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC), and Allstate Insurance Company announced Wednesday the 251 nominees for the 2015 Allstate WBCA and NABC Good Works Teams, which included Duke senior Elizabeth Williams.

This prestigious community service award recognizes a distinguished group of student-athletes who have demonstrated a commitment to enriching the lives of others and contributing to the greater good in their communities.

Some examples of what she has been involved in include -- Summer Special Needs program at Forrest View Elementary School, Durham Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, volunteer at Great Strides Walk for Cystic Fibrosis, Tutoring at Lakewood Montessori Middle School, Camp Kaleidoscope visitor with the Duke team, Summer Special Needs program at Forrest View Elementary School, ASPIRE (After-School Programs Involving Recreational Enrichment) at The Forest Senior Assisted Living Home, Christmas Adopt-a-Family with Duke women’s basketball, Read with the Blue Devils and campus tours on Duke Football Game Day.

“The accomplishments of student-athletes extend far beyond successes achieved on the court, and Allstate is proud to recognize this exceptional group of young women and men for the positive impact they are making in their communities,” said Pam Hollander, vice president of marketing for Allstate Insurance Company and a member of the 2015 WBCA and NABC Good Works Teams® selection panels.

“Their stories of powerful and selfless acts, shared by SIDs and coaches across the nation, represent the best of collegiate student-athletes and serve as an inspiration to us all.”

Williams has been an ACTION Leader at Duke for three years, Duke women's basketball summer camp counselor, Time Out Bible Study Leader, S.O.L.E. participant at Duke and participated in a CAPE internship at the Duke Medical Center.

Reaction Score
Sorry - but I have to comment
Does that make you feel big and powerful to trash talk a 21 year old woman that you've never met?
I'm going to hazard a guess that EW has already achieved more both academically and athletically that you did.
The ONLY reason I can think you'd do that is that it somehow makes you feel bigger.
Please think before you post

Reaction Score
Sorry - but I have to comment
Does that make you feel big and powerful to trash talk a 21 year old woman that you've never met?
I'm going to hazard a guess that EW has already achieved more both academically and athletically that you did.
The ONLY reason I can think you'd do that is that it somehow makes you feel bigger.
Please think before you post

The op said lousy player.....not person.

Reaction Score
The op said lousy player.....not person.
I agree. At some point when you as a fan keep seeing a woefully underperforming player being touted and shoved down your throat as an all American when the performance level is simply not there it's very annoying. Add to that the possibility that by putting Williams at that level the media is ignoring a more deserving player who belongs at that level makes it even worse.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I agree. At some point when you as a fan keep seeing a woefully underperforming player being touted and shoved down your throat as an all American when the performance level is simply not there it's very annoying. Add to that the possibility that by putting Williams at that level the media is ignoring a more deserving player who belongs at that level makes it even worse.

Woefully underperforming ??? Please expound.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
May God help you if one day in the future, you are in a hospital bed somewhere and in walks Dr. Elizabeth Williams . I really hope she doesnt turn out as overrated as a medical doctor as she is a basketball player :rolleyes:
Me too. That would be really bad to have a doctor (something that actually matters) be overrated.

Hey cool, Michaela Johnson was nominated too. :D

A few excerpts

The Women’s Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA), the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC), and Allstate Insurance Company announced Wednesday the 251 nominees for the 2015 Allstate WBCA and NABC Good Works Teams, which included Duke senior Elizabeth Williams.

This prestigious community service award recognizes a distinguished group of student-athletes who have demonstrated a commitment to enriching the lives of others and contributing to the greater good in their communities.

Some examples of what she has been involved in include -- Summer Special Needs program at Forrest View Elementary School, Durham Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, volunteer at Great Strides Walk for Cystic Fibrosis, Tutoring at Lakewood Montessori Middle School, Camp Kaleidoscope visitor with the Duke team, Summer Special Needs program at Forrest View Elementary School, ASPIRE (After-School Programs Involving Recreational Enrichment) at The Forest Senior Assisted Living Home, Christmas Adopt-a-Family with Duke women’s basketball, Read with the Blue Devils and campus tours on Duke Football Game Day.

“The accomplishments of student-athletes extend far beyond successes achieved on the court, and Allstate is proud to recognize this exceptional group of young women and men for the positive impact they are making in their communities,” said Pam Hollander, vice president of marketing for Allstate Insurance Company and a member of the 2015 WBCA and NABC Good Works Teams® selection panels.

“Their stories of powerful and selfless acts, shared by SIDs and coaches across the nation, represent the best of collegiate student-athletes and serve as an inspiration to us all.”

Williams has been an ACTION Leader at Duke for three years, Duke women's basketball summer camp counselor, Time Out Bible Study Leader, S.O.L.E. participant at Duke and participated in a CAPE internship at the Duke Medical Center.
That's nice and all, and I'm sure she is a lovely young lady. However, what does any of that have to do with her being (or not being) an overrated 3 time AA??? :confused:

Reaction Score
Woefully underperforming ??? Please expound.
I looked up her stats and woefully underperform is too strong. She has excellent numbers but I don't think she lives up to the hype that surrounds her. Obviously I don't see as many Duke games as you do but I did see the So Carolina game and 5 pts and 8 Rebs is not a superstar rising to the occasion. Maybe she rises to the occasion vs UConn next week and leads Duke to victory but that will be tough as I don't think she has the supporting cast to make that happen.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That's nice and all, and I'm sure she is a lovely young lady. However, what does any of that have to do with her being (or not being) an overrated 3 time AA??? :confused:

Just saying.... perhaps if she wasnt so involved in other activities during her time in Durham .... she would have had more time to spend working on her basketball skills and therefore worthy to be an all-american :confused:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I looked up her stats and woefully underperform is too strong. She has excellent numbers but I don't think she lives up to the hype that surrounds her. Obviously I don't see as many Duke games as you do but I did see the So Carolina game and 5 pts and 8 Rebs is not a superstar rising to the occasion. Maybe she rises to the occasion vs UConn next week and leads Duke to victory but that will be tough as I don't think she has the supporting cast to make that happen.

That was her first game back from injury.... and she wasnt at 100%. Despite her foul trouble.... she had 5 blocks... played good defense.... and helped neutralized the inside game of SC.

Reaction Score
Good luck staying up past 945 on Monday...........Set your DVR............Just hoping there are no injuries.............

Reaction Score
Honestly, I think Duke is playing a lot better as of late and UConn will have to play well to win. The Blue Devils pose some matchup problems for UConn and it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Greenwell's size on the perimeter is going make her a tough assignment for Nurse. Williams will be a tough assignment for both Tuck(height wise) and Stewart(Strength wise) so I think that Stokes will play more minutes than usual. Stevens is also an interesting matchup but I think Stewart matches up well to her length and athleticism.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I think Duke is playing a lot better as of late and UConn will have to play well to win. The Blue Devils pose some matchup problems for UConn and it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Greenwell's size on the perimeter is going make her a tough assignment for Nurse. Williams will be a tough assignment for both Tuck(height wise) and Stewart(Strength wise) so I think that Stokes will play more minutes than usual. Stevens is also an interesting matchup but I think Stewart matches up well to her length and athleticism.
From what I have seen so far Nurse struggles with smaller, quicker guards then large stronger ones.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Hey Triad how you doing? hope you have a Merry Christmas

Reaction Score
Geno vs Joanne (the only matchup that is worth a hill of beans)

Yes this matchup, plus the battle of the center position, plus the battle of the transition games, plus the team speed battle.....

I do not think Duke can come close to us......

Reaction Score

sawxfan23- - - After seeing DUKE throw away the SoCar game that they should have won by 15+ points UCONN will have NO trouble beating the Dookies by 30 points! Look at the last 3 years, the press built the game up as a possible war and UCONN won by 30+ points each time! As I posted elsewhere, Stokes, Stewie, KML, Tuck, & Williams will humiliate EW as they have the last 3 years! MoJeff, Nurse, Chong, will eat up the inexperience in the Duke backcourt! Duke has NO players with an edge over UCONN's first 8! The Duke players don't have the HEART to beat UCONN! Coach P is incapable of coaching her team to a major upset over UCONN! After the Stanford loss the players will never let themselves perform as they did throwing the game away at THE TREES!
Stanford's performance in games since the win over the Huskies shows UCONN LOST that game Stanford didn't win it! It was the greatest thing to happen to UCONN the players are more dedicated to playing their best each time out! Watch out Division I opponents!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom