Which games to attend this year? | The Boneyard

Which games to attend this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What are the two best games to attend this season? If you can only attend two games - one early in the season and one near the end of the season - which would they be?

This has real world implications, I live in Colorado and it's a tough commute. I just need some advise.

Tentatively I was thinking Maryland in Brooklyn and the Louisville home game. But, I don't want to travel across the country to go to Barclay's if it's going to be half empty and is a crummy atmosphere. Do our fans make the NYC games? (I can't make the Thanksgiving week games, just can't)

If you had to choose just two games which would they be?

Edge2017

Bleed Blue
Reaction Score
I would say Louisville and Florida at Gampel as far as quality of game. That is a hike from CO though.

Reaction Score
I would say Louisville and Florida at Gampel as far as quality of game. That is a hike from CO though.

I agree with these. If you're actually making the hike across the country twice this is definitely the play. I suppose Washington in Seattle could substitute one of them if you were looking for a solid West alternative, but hard to go wrong with 2 top notch Gampel games

Reaction Score
I agree with these. If you're actually making the hike across the country twice this is definitely the play. I suppose Washington in Seattle could substitute one of them if you were looking for a solid West alternative, but hard to go wrong with 2 top notch Gampel games

Thanks Edge2017 & Silk City. I've changed my schedule based on your advise. Now not going to Brooklyn as I had planned.

Reaction Score
Florida and Louisville, without question. They're the two best teams we play all season and both of them are at Gampel.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The Memphis game at the end of the season will probably be a good one.

Reaction Score
I just thought there'd be something special about opening day in NYC - even thought Maryland isn't the best team on the schedule. But, I don't want to sit in a half-empty stadium. Do UConn fans make it to NYC games? Will the football game at the same time affect attendance?

Reaction Score
I just thought there'd be something special about opening day in NYC - even thought Maryland isn't the best team on the schedule. But, I don't want to sit in a half-empty stadium. Do UConn fans make it to NYC games? Will the football game at the same time affect attendance?

I'm pretty sure the Barclays doesn't open the upper bowl for college games. Therefore it should be a pretty good vibe in the lower bowl--smaller capacity but less spread out. That being said Louisville will bring a big draw to the Rent if they're still undefeated and top 10, regardless of our record.

Personally I would rather go to Barclays for a Nets game than to see us play an average opponent that would cause me to miss seeing Louisville at the Rent.

Don't forget UConn is playing BC and potentially Indiana at the Garden near Thanksgiving. That will probably be a better scene considering you get two games out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom