Where's the View from 241 | The Boneyard

Where's the View from 241

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Perhaps Biz couldn't see much of the game through the monsoon? :)

Reaction Score
I can't even fill in. I didn't get to see the game. 241 not representing this week.

Serrano?

Reaction Score
Perhaps Biz couldn't see much of the game through the monsoon? :)

LOL. I missed the first half, and there wasn't much to talk about other than what everyone, including me, was talking about ad naseum. But watching only half of a game -- if you can call that a game -- on TV, I thought I'd spare you.

I'll do a full one after Temple.

Reaction Score
My view.

I was expecting a let down after a hard fought game against Boise and the first road test with a young team off a short week. I did not expect the dreadful play with the OL and this team continues to start games unfocused. The first possession turnovers have been absolute killers. We win at USF and maybe even steel the Boise game without those TOs.

Physically, our OL cannot compete on a field like they one the skated on last Friday. Several years ago that game was easily ours, but not now. I actually thought the defense was marginal given the field conditions. Stewart appears to be coming on, but I just don't see the level of play at LB to be a really good defense. Obi is absolutely lost out there and I would sit him to get his head back in place.

This team will win 3, maybe 4 games. The predictions early on of 7-8-9 wins never made the least little bit of sense to me given the unknowns on the roster and the youth. Losing Cochran is huge. He is the only one of the QBs who had shown the ability to make good, quick decisions. I don't see why Whitmer would all of a sudden get there, maybe Boyle does at some point. I will make a prediction for next season - the QB transfer from NCST will be under center to start the season. Diaco will move to a dual threat QB. It just makes too much sense for the program moving forward.

Reaction Score
Losing Cochran brought us from 7 to 3 wins...imo. We cant get through the reads quick enough to offset the issues on the OL anymore.

The defense is OK. Not great, but certainly nowhere near bad.

Reaction Score
uconndogs said:
My view. I was expecting a let down after a hard fought game against Boise and the first road test with a young team off a short week. I did not expect the dreadful play with the OL and this team continues to start games unfocused. The first possession turnovers have been absolute killers. We win at USF and maybe even steel the Boise game without those TOs. Physically, our OL cannot compete on a field like they one the skated on last Friday. Several years ago that game was easily ours, but not now. I actually thought the defense was marginal given the field conditions. Stewart appears to be coming on, but I just don't see the level of play at LB to be a really good defense. Obi is absolutely lost out there and I would sit him to get his head back in place. This team will win 3, maybe 4 games. The predictions early on of 7-8-9 wins never made the least little bit of sense to me given the unknowns on the roster and the youth. Losing Cochran is huge. He is the only one of the QBs who had shown the ability to make good, quick decisions. I don't see why Whitmer would all of a sudden get there, maybe Boyle does at some point. I will make a prediction for next season - the QB transfer from NCST will be under center to start the season. Diaco will move to a dual threat QB. It just makes too much sense for the program moving forward.

Need proof of membership into the 241 clan. ;)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yessir. Please don't throw your food at me.

My food is almost always at the tailgate and despite stray differences in opinions I don't dislike anyone on the boneyard. I also like everyone who attends games now that the obnoxious kid who sat in front of me in 2012 and part of 2013 got himself banned from the stadium.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
241 is overrated. 222 is where it's at
241 is a scary place, too many Boneyarders in there to enjoy the game. I enjoy the quiet solitude of 240. I can watch 241 commit mass harakiri without it interrupting my viewing pleasure. Well, maybe pleasure is a strong word given the play the last 3+ years. Let's just leave it at "without interrupting my viewing."

Reaction Score
"Mr. Blueskin" sits in front of Bizlaw in 241. Don't think Bizlaw aware.

Reaction Score
My food is almost always at the tailgate and despite stray differences in opinions I don't dislike anyone on the boneyard. I also like everyone who attends games now that the obnoxious kid who sat in front of me in 2012 and part of 2013 got himself banned from the stadium.

I'm very aware that internet banter is different than real life. I'll stop by and say hello Saturday. Flying solo.

Reaction Score
You actually needed Biz to write up how bad we sucked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom