where's the josh luv? | The Boneyard

where's the josh luv?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
the record so far, thru 9 games? around 13 and 8, playing about 26 minutes per. and fgs made, you know, actually putting the biscuit in the basket? he's numero uno, and it's not even close, around 6, each and every game. so, where's the luv?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Josh played terrific for the most of the game . It was very nice to see him use his skills and size demanding the ball and scoring. So Indiana made it more difficult to get him the ball in the 2nd and UConn didn't have a reliable outside shooter to continue scoring in the half court.

But, great improvement/growth on JC - he'll be even better next season.

Reaction Score
I really like rooting for Josh. Good kid and he has squeezed out so much production from his limited athletic gifts. He doesn't have great touch around the hoop and he is far from athletic but he has nonetheless developed into our best post scorer in a long time. I hope that in the future we will be able develop our more athletically gifted bigs in the same way.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mmm, we are still in shock, stunned by the realization that Josh's feet can actually leave the ground. Give us a couple of days to absorb his dunk and then people will post to compliment his effort last night.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I joke that Josh should be scoring 20/night. He leads the nation in missing 1-footers.
sure, because making a one footer in high d-1, with 250 lb trees constantly whacking you, is exactly like nailing it playing 1 on none in the driveway, with the squirrels watching. yesterday, it was only a 7 foot graduate transfer from butler named brunk, playing for indiana, that mr. carlton had to deal with.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
the record so far, thru 9 games? around 13 and 8, playing about 26 minutes per. and fgs made, you know, actually putting the biscuit in the basket? he's numero uno, and it's not even close, around 6, each and every game. so, where's the luv?

Last night there was a stretch with under 10 minutes in the second half where Carlton let the Center on Indiana get position on three straight possessions leading to 7 points, and also let him get two offensive rebounds, because he does not jump/box out. Yes he had a nice offensive night, but damn that defense was awful down the stretch, or at least that's what stands out to me from last night with regards to his performance

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I joke that Josh should be scoring 20/night. He leads the nation in missing 1-footers.

It's not a joke. He often lofts it up and tips his miss in. Fortunately, he has a soft touch around the rim.

It actually inflates his offensive rebounding numbers. They should probably be viewed in that context.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
He's padding his offensive rebounding totals. Edit: Wrote this before I saw @intlzncster above

Truthfully, I like him a lot. Still growing his game

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
It's not a joke. He often lofts it up and tips his miss in. Fortunately, he has a soft touch around the rim.

It actually inflates his offensive rebounding numbers. They should probably be viewed in that context.
no. it should be viewed in this context - around 6 biscuits per, while shooting 54%, the highest % among the top six minutes guys. all done against guys with middle names sounding in 'break your face.'

Reaction Score
Never understood the hate on this kid. He is what he is. Without him last night we get killed. He even gave us a nice dunk last night! (Prob most hype moment of the game honestly)

It's more than that. He played almost twice the minutes of the guy who scored 3 times in short order (who, by the way, Carlton outscored 2 to 1 over the game). He was exhausted coming down the stretch. What we learned is that he can't play 34 minutes in a tense, physical game. We need to give him breaks accordingly. But we don't have a backup center who can guard a huge, post-up big.

Reaction Score
I criticized the game plan and some coaching stuff but one thing I have been noticing that is a great adjustment is we are no longer trying to force it josh when he is far from the hoop (with a few exceptions). He is pretty good at getting low position in the flow of the offense. He is going to get touches regardless because he takes up a lot of space and really wants the ball. and Although he isn't athletic, he's very very long and active so he often tips in his own misses near the hoop.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
He’s playing well. I only wish we had Eric Hayward to back him up because Carlton has no true back up.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
sure, because making a one footer in high d-1, with 250 lb trees constantly whacking you, is exactly like nailing it playing 1 on none in the driveway, with the squirrels watching. yesterday, it was only a 7 foot graduate transfer from butler named brunk, playing for indiana, that mr. carlton had to deal with.
Wrong, spliffy! All of his attempts are clean!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom