Where will Temple play football? | The Boneyard

Where will Temple play football?

Reaction Score
Villanova holds 6k. DONT BELIEVE they Can play there and remain FCS. If they’re moving, An option would be PPL, home to Philadelphia union soccer team. Holds closer to 20. Still falls short of 30k venue I recall being a prerequisite at one point. If u need 30k capacity they’ve no plan b. Which makes negotiating with eagles a ton of fun.

shame there’s not a smaller venue. Playing in Linc is crazy - they must draw equal to us but in that stadium it looks empty

Reaction Score
Villanova holds 6k. DONT BELIEVE they Can play there and remain FCS. If they’re moving, An option would be PPL, home to Philadelphia union soccer team. Holds closer to 20. Still falls short of 30k venue I recall being a prerequisite at one point. If u need 30k capacity they’ve no plan b. Which makes negotiating with eagles a ton of fun.

shame there’s not a smaller venue. Playing in Linc is crazy - they must draw equal to us but in that stadium it looks empty

The NCAA eliminated the FBS stadium capacity mandate back in 2002 - it now only requires that an FB school average 15,000 in paid (or actual attendance) a game at least once every two seasons.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

That would be an ideal size for them (and us for that matter). Whatever happened to their 25k on campus stadium they were talking about

Reaction Score
That would be an ideal size for them (and us for that matter). Whatever happened to their 25k on campus stadium they were talking about
Tabled due to change in University President and organized neighborhood pushback.

Reaction Score

Talen Energy Stadium is way too far for Temple. It makes even less sense than Rentschler does for UConn. They're yapping about that on the AAC board. I've been to games in Philly and have had a great time. It's a fantastic city (downtown). They'll most likely end up back at the Linc but I'm certain they'll get screwed financially.

Reaction Score
Talen Energy Stadium is way too far for Temple. It makes even less sense than Rentschler does for UConn. They're yapping about that on the AAC board. I've been to games in Philly and have had a great time. It's a fantastic city (downtown). They'll most likely end up back at the Linc but I'm certain they'll get screwed financially.
Is there really an AAC board? That's weird.

Reaction Score
It’s a 10 min drive from the Linc. What are u talking about?

They may, but paying 7 figures in stadium rent- even after that billion Mikey A garnered for the conf - torches their financials.

Reaction Score

They may, but paying 7 figures in stadium rent- even after that billion Mikey A garnered for the conf - torches their financials.

It may be 10 minutes from South Philly but there's no public transportation and it's 22 miles from campus. Frankly, I don't care because we're not going back there anytime soon. That and I sure as hell am not going there for any Eagles game.

Reaction Score

Oh really. “It’s a 10 minute drive”—In your dreams. I have lived there and have driven it. No way you do it in 10 minutes.

Reaction Score
It may be 10 minutes from South Philly but there's no public transportation and it's 22 miles from campus. Frankly, I don't care because we're not going back there anytime soon. That and I sure as hell am not going there for any Eagles game.
Have you ever actually Been to Philadelphia? You are correct, its 20+ miles, but The subway has a stop right by the Temple campus and is on the line that terminates at the Lincoln. For Eagles games , taking the subway is far better than driving to the stadium.
Having said that, Temple has been talking about building their own stadium since at least the mid 70”s. Knowing the politics of their neighborhood,, I am doubtful they will have a new stadium near campus in our lifetime.

Reaction Score
Have you ever actually Been to Philadelphia? You are correct, its 20+ miles, but The subway has a stop right by the Temple campus and is on the line that terminates at the Lincoln. For Eagles games , taking the subway is far better than driving to the stadium.
Having said that, Temple has been talking about building their own stadium since at least the mid 70”s. Knowing the politics of their neighborhood,, I am doubtful they will have a new stadium near campus in our lifetime.

Yep. Saw D. Brown score in overtime. Saw Cochran bring us back from 17 down on the coldest night when TJ Weist was in short sleeves and went to the game in November. Stayed downtown and watched Penn State beat Syracuse in hoops. Took my daughter on college tours to Nova and Temple. I think I know what I'm taking about.

Reaction Score
The Linc is six miles south of Center City (8 miles south of the Temple University campus). As noted above, you can take the Broad Street subway directly from Temple to the Linc.

The problem with Lincoln Financial Field is not distance from campus, lack of public transit, or size of venue ... it is the exhorbitant fee that the Eagles want to charge the University to rent the field. Think the State of Connecticut charging rent to UConn but ten times worse! Of course, the Eagles are a private entity so they can do what they please (although didn't they take public money to build the Linc?)

Reaction Score
Oh really. “It’s a 10 minute drive”—In your dreams. I have lived there and have driven it. No way you do it in 10 minutes.

I live here. They’re not playing at 5 on a Friday night. You really want to argue about where frigging temple plays home games? I
The Linc is six miles south of Center City (8 miles south of the Temple University campus). As noted above, you can take the Broad Street subway directly from Temple to the Linc.

The problem with Lincoln Financial Field is not distance from campus, lack of public transit, or size of venue ... it is the exhorbitant fee that the Eagles want to charge the University to rent the field. Think the State of Connecticut charging rent to UConn but ten times worse! Of course, the Eagles are a private entity so they can do what they please (although didn't they take public money to build the Linc?)

You mean they may spend all those Freshly minted Mikey A bucks in football rent? Boo hoo. Good riddance and let’s agree to never play them at the Linc.

PS. Name a company that has not taken public money

Reaction Score
Yep. Saw D. Brown score in overtime. Saw Cochran bring us back from 17 down on the coldest night when TJ Weist was in short sleeves and went to the game in November. Stayed downtown and watched Penn State beat Syracuse in hoops. Took my daughter on college tours to Nova and Temple. I think I know what I'm taking about.
Huh? When did Penn State ever play Syracuse in Philadelphia? :confused:

Reaction Score
They don’t draw well, so it’s silly to see them in a giant stadium anyways....
Villanova’s place? Penn? Paddy’s Pub parking lot?

the last year I saw numbers for was 2018, that year they averaged 28,470 per home game. That is not horrible.

Reaction Score
Huh? When did Penn State ever play Syracuse in Philadelphia? :confused:

Better get some money back from that Syracuse edumacation. Penn State beat Syracuse in hoops the weekend of the Temple game. I was at McGillin's Olde Ale House watching when the magic happened.

Reaction Score
Better get some money back from that Syracuse edumacation. Penn State beat Syracuse in hoops the weekend of the Temple game. I was at McGillin's Olde Ale House watching when the magic happened.
When was the game?

Reaction Score
Penn State and Syracuse played in last year's NIT at the Barclays center. Was the first time they had played in 37 years.

Further research shows that the temple game was on 11/23/13 and neither Syracuse nor Penn State played on that day. PSU played Longwood that Sunday.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
the last year I saw numbers for was 2018, that year they averaged 28,470 per home game. That is not horrible.
That was probably a year that they hosted Penn State. That skews the average attendance figure. No way they draw that much.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Penn State and Syracuse played in last year's NIT at the Barclays center. Was the first time they had played in 37 years.

Further research shows that the temple game was on 11/23/13 and neither Syracuse nor Penn State played on that day. PSU played Longwood that Sunday.
The UConn/Temple football game last year was on November 30th - Penn State/Syracuse basketball was on November 29th.

He said he was in Philly @ McGillin’s watching the game.

Reaction Score
He was talking about Casey and Weist, that was 2013. But again, the game last year was at the Barclays Center. I don't really care, I was just enjoying doing some research.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom