Where will Temple play football? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Where will Temple play football?

Reaction Score
Three separate football games... 2008, 2013 and 2019.

But anyways from last night... Where will Temple play football in 2020?

>>A return to The Linc is likely the most predictable outcome, but there are other options for a short-term solution. Temple could play games in historic Franklin Field, home to the Ivy League’s Penn Quakers. Temple has previously played home football games in Franklin Field. It may be a historic venue, but state-of-the-art it is not. Talen Energy Stadium, home to the Philadelphia Union of Major League Soccer, has hosted college football before (for a Villanova vs. Delaware game), but that would likely be far down the list of scenarios Temple would want to consider. If traveling down Broad Street form Temple’s campus to The Linc was a concern, making a trip to the next county over would be even less ideal.<<

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Screenshot 2020-02-16 at 1.45.20 PM.png

Reaction Score
Well, there goes Temple's share of the increase in the AAC's media deal. Life in the G5 I guess.
$6 million buyout in the Diaz contract and $4 million in the Collins' contract. Temple is making money from football.

Reaction Score
I’ve been to a few games in last 2-3years - they must be counting folks in planes flying overhead to airport. I get the ND-PSU pop in 15, but NFW they have 20k in seats for games.

do they count tickets sold or people in the stands?

Reaction Score
Here's another article from the Temple News confirming their costs will be $3M per year going forward.

Still trying to figure out what type of development that the locals think will help improve their neighborhood that a stadium is. That said, I believe the plot of land temple was looking at for the stadium was at W Norris and 16th St on the the edge of campus in a mostly residential area next to a high school. It's a pair in the next to get there via car from Center City and I-95. I wonder if the University can find a plot of land amoung the empty industrial buildings closer to I-95 or I-676 that would be easier to visitrs to get to, still close enough to campus (less than 2 miles), and not in a residential area?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom