Where the hell is Warde? | The Boneyard

Where the hell is Warde?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seriously. Radio silence since Saturday night. No vote of confidence and no changes. No public pronouncement supporting PP, no declaration of changes needed.

When will he begin to lead? This program needs more than gravitas. Time to lead.

Reaction Score
We know P isn't getting fired. A public vote of confidence publicly puts P on the hot seat. Warde Manuel is not going to do that to appease the fans. As far as assistants go.....who knows what's going on behind closed doors. But It would be irresponsible for Manuel to publicly comment on that before its hashed out.

Best we can hope for is GDL being reassigned. I honestly can't believe we're even having the discussion of whether GDL should be fired, but when he comes as the HC's sidekick....well this is the cluster bomb you get. Thanks again Jeffrey.

Reaction Score
I am beginning to think the Herbst-Manuel regime will be (is?) very bad for UConn Athletics. Manuel is the wrong guy from the wrong university in the wrong position at the wrong time. Bring back Lew!!!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
John Silver said on WTIC tonight that GDL was the main recruiter for NJ and Texas(?) and would merit keeping around because of that. He and Joe D also agreed that the offensive game planning was good, it was a lack of playmakers that was the problem.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
We know P isn't getting fired. A public vote of confidence publicly puts P on the hot seat. Warde Manuel is not going to do that to appease the fans. As far as assistants go.....who knows what's going on behind closed doors. But It would be irresponsible for Manuel to publicly comment on that before its hashed out.

Best we can hope for is GDL being reassigned. I honestly can't believe we're even having the discussion of whether GDL should be fired, but when he comes as the HC's sidekick....well this is the cluster bomb you get. Thanks again Jeffrey.

Completely agree. The OP can't possibly be complaining that he isn't giving a vote of confidence for PP and Assistants. You're just pissed that he hasn't fired anybody and when it comes to GDL or HCPP, I don't disagree. But please, don't bitch and moan that the guy hasn't put out a press release or statement saying that justifies why he hasn't making any changes to the coaching staff int the past three days and pretend that because you haven't gotten it, WM isn't doing his job.

Reaction Score

Agree - IMO you have a head coach who just finished the second year of a 5 year contract. Nothing needs to be said yet. Finish the hot wash of the season then make a statement laying out future expectations. Too early right now.

Reaction Score
John Silver said on WTIC tonight that GDL was the main recruiter for NJ and Texas(?) and would merit keeping around because of that. He and Joe D also agreed that the offensive game planning was good, it was a lack of playmakers that was the problem.
Wait...after they said that, did they both yell 'Psyche!"? This cannot be true. TRest...seriously? Whoever wrote earlier about the problem with the CT media was spot on. These fuckers are just stupid. Seriously? This was a serious comment by Silver and Joe D? Seriously?

Reaction Score
Completely agree. The OP can't possibly be complaining that he isn't giving a vote of confidence for PP and Assistants. You're just pissed that he hasn't fired anybody and when it comes to GDL or HCPP, I don't disagree. But please, don't bitch and moan that the guy hasn't put out a press release or statement saying that justifies why he hasn't making any changes to the coaching staff int the past three days and pretend that because you haven't gotten it, WM isn't doing his job.
My concern is that we have nothing but radio silence. Last time we experienced that, Louisville went to the ACC

Reaction Score
The duo will be at an img sponsored conference dec 5-6

Dec. 5
9:00 a.m.
From the Office of the President/Chancellor: Accountability, Control and Oversight of Intercollegiate Athletics

Presidential oversight of athletics is supposed to ensure an appropriate balance between athletics and academics at their institution; upholding the integrity and ideals of intercollegiate athletics; and calling for necessary reform and accountability of those in charge. In this session, Mark Emmert, President, NCAA; Nathan Hatch, President, Wake Forest University; Susan Herbst, President, University of Connecticut; and Harvey Perlman, Chancellor, University of Nebraska, will discuss the challenges they face upholding their role in athletics. They will debate the most significant issues impacting athletics, including the escalating costs of running an intercollegiate athletics program and the sustainability of the intercollegiate athletics financial model. They will share insights into proposed changes to NCAA rules and regulations legislating academic standards, enforcement and penalty structures; and share their thoughts on the role and responsibility of the governing board to the oversight of athletics

9:45 a.m.
Athletic Directors Speak Out on Financial Sustainability and Competitive Fairness

One of the abundant and complex issues that college athletic administrators face on a day-to-day basis is competitive fairness. As revenue for BCS conference schools continues to increase, the gap between FBS schools continues to widen. Athletic Directors must balance the cost of staying competitive with financial sustainability. In this session, Mike Alden, Athletic Director, University of Missouri; Mike Bohn, Athletic Director, University of Colorado; Mark Hollis, Athletic Director, Michigan State University; Warde Manuel, Athletic Director, University of Connecticut; and Debbie Yow, Athletic Director, N.C. State University, will discuss the escalating costs of running intercollegiate athletics programs. They will share their thoughts on capital earned from conference television rights agreements, increased sponsorship opportunities to the 2014 four-team college football playoff proposed revenue sharing model and maximizing revenue from tickets and intellectual property.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
My concern is that we have nothing but radio silence. Last time we experienced that, Louisville went to the ACC

When you think about it, we get radio silence all the time, and it's completely normal. It's pretty obvious that the current administration, rightly or wrongly (wrongly in my opinion) thinks that the current coaching staff does not need to change right away. Because of that,, they see no reason to put out a statement or press release.

This isn't like conference realignment. Nobody else out there is going to announce they're hiring away PP and GDL from us (if only) if we don't put out such a statement of support. I don't want to put words in your mouth, but it seems to me that you are looking for justification for a decision to keep the current staff which is something you probably disagree with.

Reaction Score
When you think about it, we get radio silence all the time, and it's completely normal. It's pretty obvious that the current administration, rightly or wrongly (wrongly in my opinion) thinks that the current coaching staff does not need to change right away. Because of that,, they see no reason to put out a statement or press release.

This isn't like conference realignment. Nobody else out there is going to announce they're hiring away PP and GDL from us (if only) if we don't put out such a statement of support. I don't want to put words in your mouth, but it seems to me that you are looking for justification for a decision to keep the current staff which is something you probably disagree with.

Disagree. It is not "normal" for the AD of a BCS CONFERENCE football team not to say ONE FREAKING PUBLIC WORD about the football program or the coach after concluding a second losing, non-bowl season two years after said program WENT TO A BCS BOWL.

Again, Warde has to be asked the question "Will PP return next season?" on the record and explain why he will. Just say "yes." IMO Warde at a minimum owes an explanation to the customers - that's us - why he's giving PP another year.

Reaction Score
Don't worry, the possibility of speaking public is a situation that is currently being monitored.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Disagree. It is not "normal" for the AD of a BCS CONFERENCE football team not to say ONE FREAKING PUBLIC WORD about the football program or the coach after concluding a second losing, non-bowl season two years after said program WENT TO A BCS BOWL.

Again, Warde has to be asked the question "Will PP return next season?" on the record and explain why he will. Just say "yes." IMO Warde at a minimum owes an explanation to the customers - that's us - why he's giving PP another year.

Not trying to pick a fight over something relatively small like this, but I can only think of a few BCS teams who have had two losing seasons in a row with the same coach who haven't fired said coach yet. UConn, Maryland, Indiana and Illinois were the ones I could think of (a limited data set of course but all we have to work with). From what I could see, only Illinois has put out a statement regarding their head coach coming back and he was 0-8 in league play which is a slightly different situation than Maryland, Indiana or UConn.

Just my opinion, but whether our team went to a BCS bowl two years ago or 10 years ago bears no relevance. As to someone asking the question, you can blame the horde for that but not WM.

Once again, to me this is more a matter of disagreeing with his decision to bring PP back (and presumably GDL but we don't know that for certain yet) as opposed to putting out a statement. Even if he does put out a statement or answer the question, I can pretty much guarantee that there is nothing that can be said which will convince the people on this board as to why he may be right.

Reaction Score
Seriously. Radio silence since Saturday night. No vote of confidence and no changes. No public pronouncement supporting PP, no declaration of changes needed.

When will he begin to lead? This program needs more than gravitas. Time to lead.

I give him a week or so to get out front of things after digesting what just happened.

If you any of guys haven't sent a note to the AD, and you have something to say. Then I suggest you do so.

Reaction Score
Not trying to pick a fight over something relatively small like this, but I can only think of a few BCS teams who have had two losing seasons in a row with the same coach who haven't fired said coach yet. UConn, Maryland, Indiana and Illinois were the ones I could think of (a limited data set of course but all we have to work with). From what I could see, only Illinois has put out a statement regarding their head coach coming back and he was 0-8 in league play which is a slightly different situation than Maryland, Indiana or UConn.

Just my opinion, but whether our team went to a BCS bowl two years ago or 10 years ago bears no relevance. As to someone asking the question, you can blame the horde for that but not WM.

Once again, to me this is more a matter of disagreeing with his decision to bring PP back (and presumably GDL but we don't know that for certain yet) as opposed to putting out a statement. Even if he does put out a statement or answer the question, I can pretty much guarantee that there is nothing that can be said which will convince the people on this board as to why he may be right.

Logistically, it doesn't make sense to fire Coordinators and Assistants right now. They are coming down the stretch in recruiting. It's not a good time to isolate yourself off from the network that even George DeLeone develops.

Also, look at it this way. If DeLeone returns as OC, the accountability will be that much more clear. With a new OC, they can still say. "well it's the first year of a new system". They can't do that witn DeLeone. It will be year three and the accountability will fall squarely on Pasqualoni's shoulders.

Even if he moved DeLeone away from OC duties, who is going to want to come be an OC under Pasqualoni? His confidante BFF DeLeone will still be hanging around in another capacity, and who wants to work for a dead man walking Pasqualoni. He has three seasons left on his contract, and if he loses as bad as we know he will, probably only one season left in him.

Reaction Score
Even if he moved DeLeone away from OC duties, who is going to want to come be an OC under Pasqualoni? His confidante BFF DeLeone will still be hanging around in another capacity, and who wants to work for a dead man walking Pasqualoni. He has three seasons left on his contract, and if he loses as bad as we know he will, probably only one season left in him.
Somebody who wants to be the next HC would come and be OC. It should be someone that Warde hires and answers to Warde through PP.
It's like the new hotshot in the office. If he/she is good, then they're good.

Reaction Score
Somebody who wants to be the next HC would come and be OC. It should be someone that Warde hires and answers to Warde through PP.
It's like the new hotshot in the office. If he/she is good, then they're good.

I don't understand that. We would already be hiring a sub par OC, why would we want to make him the next head coach?

Reaction Score
I don't understand that. We would already be hiring a sub par OC, why would we want to make him the next head coach?
My impression is that we wouldnt be hiring a sub par.

Reaction Score
I think realignment is helping keep P in place. If we move to a higher paying conference this year, replacing P will be easier and we will be able to pay more.

Reaction Score
I think it would be hilarious if Warde logged in and posted in this thread.

You would think that we could at least get @NotWardeManuel in here.

Reaction Score
I think realignment is helping keep P in place. If we move to a higher paying conference this year, replacing P will be easier and we will be able to pay more.
On the bright side, we'll have a lot of Michigan fans checking out the Rent next season. Maybe they can decide it's a cool place and invite us. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
My impression is that we wouldnt be hiring a sub par.

You're right. It would probably be above par. Like, a snowman 8 on a Par 3.

Why would any half decent Offensive Coordinator want to come to UConn and work for Paul Pasqualoni. Do you really think there are tons of studs out there who want to come be the HC in waiting at UConn?

The profile of our next HC is probably low major to mid major Head Coach. Why would he quit his HC gig to come work for Coach Blue?

If you want to replace Ozymandias, then replace him.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Wait...after they said that, did they both yell 'Psyche!"? This cannot be true. TRest...seriously? Whoever wrote earlier about the problem with the CT media was spot on. These ****ers are just stupid. Seriously? This was a serious comment by Silver and Joe D? Seriously?
Absolutely. Silver claimed a big part of the problem was no YAC with the receivers and McCombs not getting yards on his own, making people miss, etc. He cited UConn's lack of big plays (20yard runs, 40 yard completions). But not the playcalling. I guess up the middle on first down should break open for 30 yards a couple of times a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom