where realignment goes next .... | The Boneyard

where realignment goes next ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Look at ESPN (on air, .com, etc.). When they write UConn is headed to ACC, I'll believe it. Until then, I hear a bunch of guys sitting at home in their basement typing away while yelling, "Mom, mom, meatloaf!"

I am of the opinion that the ACC does not act quickly, as they need to sure up things internally first. Ironically, they find themselves in the same position as the BE was in a few years back - with a schism between the BB and FB schools. If they feel like the balance of the league will hold steady, they will add one more. If not, hold on to your hats. Regardless, by letting the leper ND in the door, they put their entire conference at risk, much like another conference did 2 decades ago. And now, they sit there with all of the toys the other kids want - FSU, Clemson, UNC, UVa, Va Tech, Ga Tech, even the fomer BE'ers. The SEC may move next. The B12 has to move. What would you rather have FSU or USF? Clemson or Ville? UVa or UConn? Va Tech or Cincy?

Regardless, for every blogger out there, none of this happens without Don ESPN's blessing. When he nods with a "source" article that someone is moving, write it down.

They've killed the BE with a gunshot to the head. Better, they may have forced a decision to go to 4x16, and set up the ultimate playoff schedule. For now, they'll sit back and watch the conferences scurry and then invite them in to their living room to hear what protection ($) they want.

With all respect to some guy in San Jose or MHVer or a VJ in Miami ...... I'll wait to see what ESPN posts before risding the realignment rollercoaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom