Where is Ono? | The Boneyard

Where is Ono?

Reaction Score
I just read a post re: Top 25 rated by ESPN...Cannot believe that Olivia has been left out. She will prove that she belongs.
I am convinced that there is a bias against Geno's girls. It is nice to see CW, EW, & PB on the list, but come on...Ono will be a huge factor this year...without her we would be left w/quite the void. I would like to hear what you Boneyarders have to say on this matter. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I just read a post re: Top 25 rated by ESPN...Cannot believe that Olivia has been left out. She will prove that she belongs.
I am convinced that there is a bias against Geno's girls. It is nice to see CW, EW, & PB on the list, but come on...Ono will be a huge factor this year...without her we would be left w/quite the void. I would like to hear what you Boneyarders have to say on this matter. Go Huskies!
Bias? UConn is the only school to have 3 players in their top 25, two of whom have never played in a game at UConn. And we're one of only four schools to have more than one (South Carolina 2, Stanford 2, Arkansas 2).

Regarding Liv, she did not match up favorably with the bigs on the three elite teams who kicked our butts last year. She has a lot to prove.

Last edited:

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I have to agree. I felt bad for Kia being the fourth best player on a team with three AA every year. the ruling that a school can only nominate three players prevented her from, possibly, getting recognition she deserved. She did receive NDPOY but she is still deprived of a place on the HOH. If they left Olivia off the list because they were afraid UConn has too many deserving players is unfair to the young lady. And diminishes the recognition of all the other players because a criteria beyond ability is but into play. I understand the financial motivation to generate clicks means the publisher wants as broad a field as they can create but the unfairness to he achievement is still there.

Reaction Score
This is all for clicks... I think Paige is great but she hasn't even played a game yet... I would have went for Liv somewhere in the early 20s... It looks like a very guard heavy list.

Reaction Score
She should absolutely be a top 25 player this year. Liv will make our defense what it will be. Very good. She will be a rim protector and will allow us to play pressure defense. On offense from looking at her picture this morning, she looks like she won't be easily bodied off finishing at the rim like last year. She has the quickness and elite athleticism that will be hard to match in the paint. The two things that will help her achieve greatness are a foul-line jumper to go along with her good passing abilities to the cutters and her improvement defense on her hands up versus her swat down technique.

Reaction Score
I have no doubt that Paige will be great, but can we just let her earn it..... the hype these media outlets are doing for click bait is really out of control.

Reaction Score
Maybe Liv will play with an edge, which she hinted at at the end of last year. She is not tough enough offensively to be put on any list right now. I think the defensive instincts are pretty good as long as she goes straight up and doesn't come down on the offensive player. She is where she's supposed to be though. Offensively, she's got to finish strong. If she does, I'll vote her on any list.

Reaction Score
As I stated in another thread, this year, with two "pass first/shoot second" point guards, plus Ania, I predict that Liv will have a breakout season and be a unanimous All-American!
And if we press a lot, I predict that she'll set a record for blocks as a rim-protector, eh?

Reaction Score
As I stated in another thread, this year, with two "pass first/shoot second" point guards, plus Ania, I predict that Liv will have a breakout season and be a unanimous All-American!
And if we press a lot, I predict that she'll set a record for blocks as a rim-protector, eh?

And don't forget, Aubrey as the high scorer. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Yeah .. I can see Aubrey as the high scorer .. she has all the tools eh?
Except for a jump shot! Hopefully she has worked on that since last season.

Reaction Score
Yeah .. I can see Aubrey as the high scorer .. she has all the tools eh?

We know. And it's not going to happen for the second year in a row. Doesn't mean she's not a good player. But she's not going to be the high scorer.

Reaction Score
I'd be very surprised if ONO is not an A/A this year. When UCONN plays the Big East teams-- where do we think the ball is going to try to go in halfcourt sets? Inside.

And for defense- who is going to be the leading rebounder, shot blocker, and overall anchor?

And the team is going to be top 4. SO is it going to be just guards that get accolades? I doubt it.

Reaction Score
We know. And it's not going to happen for the second year in a row. Doesn't mean she's not a good player. But she's not going to be the high scorer.
Who is then?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom