Where is BroadwayVa and The Kibitzer? | The Boneyard

Where is BroadwayVa and The Kibitzer?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
They've both been MIA for sometime. Broadway's last post was on Feb 23, 2018. He last visited the yard on March 7, 2018. Anyone know anything they can share?

Kibitzer was last seen in the yard on March 30, 2018. Kib has been known to take the spring and summer months off from posting, and re-joining us in the fall once UConn's season begins. I miss him. Anyone know anything they can share?

Last edited by a moderator:

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Miss both of them, and in addition....................

O where, o where has Bags27 gone,

O where, o where can he be?

He`s a big fan of Lou

And he is interesting, too

A Bags post I would like to see................................

Carnac

Reaction Score
Miss both of them, and in addition.....

He`s a big fan of Lou

A Bags post I would like to see.......

I guess Bags is taking a break from posting. His last post was Mar 28, 2018. Per the Boneyard, bags27 was last seen: Jul 3, 2018 (1 month ago). I hope all three of our fellow posters are OK, and share a post or comment with us soon. They are missed. :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Miss both of them, and in addition.....

He`s a big fan of Lou

A Bags post I would like to see.......

Don't worry. I think somewhere, somehow, it's all still in the bags.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I guess Bags is taking a break from posting. His last post was Mar 28, 2018. Per the Boneyard, bags27 was last seen: Jul 3, 2018 (1 month ago). I hope all three of our fellow posters are OK, and share a post or comment with us soon. They are missed. :oops:
:rolleyes:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I can’t speak to Kib’s whereabouts, but I have exchanged private messages with both Broadway (7 months back) & Bags (4 months back). While I hope I’m wrong, I suspect we will not hear from them on the BY again. :(

JordyG

Reaction Score
I can’t speak to Kib’s whereabouts, but I have exchanged private messages with both Broadway (7 months back) & Bags (4 months back). While I hope I’m wrong, I suspect we will not hear from them on the BY again. :(
I miss them all, and if what you say is true then we'll all continue to miss them.

Since Sunday I've been sitting in the hospital with my 96 year old mother who's growing list of illnesses tell me with certainty that these are her last days. I can't speak for anyone on the BY both present or not, but I have been preparing myself for this day over the last few years. Preparing myself because I cannot fix this. It's still not easy, and I still regret this coming day and her eventual passing. Regret but not grieve over much. Instead I will enjoy and celebrate the things she's given my sisters and I.

I don't want to wax too poetic here, but time does indeed have long strides and we humans step light and quick. It eventually overtakes us all. She had her first child at 19, I came 10 years later. She has had an incredibly full and long life. That's something to celebrate. I've never heard her voice a single regret over the course of her life. She was the loving mom we all should have. I'll miss her terribly, but I cannot selfishly grieve for long. I cannot long grieve something that's inevitable for us all. For me. For you. For us. How bad can it be if we all must do it?

If this is what bags and kib are now facing then my heart goes out to them. I will miss them terribly as well. But it's the fate of all of us quick steppers. I will instead enjoy the things they've given to us. I tell my young grand nieces and nephews that if you take care of your health, eat right, sleep right, and get the right amount of exercise, you will eventually bury everyone you know and love. Enjoy your life and what it has to give. And it's already too late for regrets.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I miss them all, and if what you say is true then we'll all continue to miss them.

Since Sunday I've been sitting in the hospital with my 96 year old mother who's growing list of illnesses tell me with certainty that these are her last days. I can't speak for anyone on the BY both present or not, but I have been preparing myself for this day over the last few years. Preparing myself because I cannot fix this. It's still not easy, and I still regret this coming day and her eventual passing. Regret but not grieve over much. Instead I will enjoy and celebrate the things she's given me and my sisters.

I don't want to wax too poetic here, but time does indeed have long strides and we humans step light and quick. It eventually overtakes us all. She had her first child at 19, I came 10 years later. She has had an incredibly full and long life. That's something to celebrate. I've never heard her voice a single regret over the course of her life. She was the loving mom we all should have. I'll miss her terribly, but I cannot selfishly grieve for long. I cannot long grieve something that inevitable for us all. For me. For you. For us. How bad can it be if we all must do it?

If this is what bags and kib are now facing then my heart goes out to them. I will miss them terribly as well. But it's the fate of all of us quick steppers. I will instead enjoy the things they've given to us. I tell my young grand nieces and nephews that if you take care of your health, eat right, sleep right, and get the right amount of exercise, you will eventually bury everyone you know and love. Enjoy your life and what it has to give. And it's already too late for regrets.
Jordy, I am so proud of your mom and you. In some countries at age 96, all the children should be celebrating with red clothes when the final day comes.

Getting old and slowly losing your relatives and friends is one sad thing we can not avoid. Live well and enjoy your life now, to everyone.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Bags27 posted that he was going to stop posting owing to "editorial" policies. He indicated he would continue to lurk. I never got the feeling it was a permanent break.

@oldude, I'd be interested in anything you could share regarding Broadway.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Bags27 posted that he was going to stop posting owing to "editorial" policies. He indicated he would continue to lurk. I never got the feeling it was a permanent break.

@oldude, I'd be interested in anything you could share regarding Broadway.
GM, as my exchanges with Broadway & Bags were private in nature, I want to continue to respect the confidentiality of those exchanges. Hope you understand.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
GM, as my exchanges with Broadway & Bags were private in nature, I want to continue to respect the confidentiality of those exchanges. Hope you understand.
That's cool. I will take from this, however, that @BroadwayVa is alive and well.

Carnac

Reaction Score

Thanks OD for sharing what you did. We completely understand and respect your duty to keep the content of those PM's private. We would expect nothing less.

Reaction Score

Since Sunday I've been sitting in the hospital with my 96 year old mother who's growing list of illnesses tell me with certainty that these are her last days. I can't speak for anyone on the BY both present or not, but I have been preparing myself for this day over the last few years. Preparing myself because I cannot fix this. It's still not easy, and I still regret this coming day and her eventual passing. Regret but not grieve over much. Instead I will enjoy and celebrate the things she's given my sisters and I.

I don't want to wax too poetic here, but time does indeed have long strides and we humans step light and quick. It eventually overtakes us all. She had her first child at 19, I came 10 years later. She has had an incredibly full and long life. That's something to celebrate. I've never heard her voice a single regret over the course of her life. She was the loving mom we all should have. I'll miss her terribly, but I cannot selfishly grieve for long. I cannot long grieve something that's inevitable for us all. For me. For you. For us. How bad can it be if we all must do it?

Jordy,
You seem to have a clear and I believe wonderful perspective on your mother's life and her importance to your sister and you.
I hope only for the very best for all of you!
Being relatively new here I did not know Broadway or Bigs for very long only in terms of reading their postings here. I wish them well.
Bronx23

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

I’m so sorry, Jordy. My thoughts are with you. I also have nonagenerian folks, and I’m enjoying my time left with them as much as possible, knowing there’s not much left.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have knowledge, but my lips are sealed. I've also had that knowledge long enough to get it muddled up in the telling.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Jordy, I am so proud of your mom and you. In some countries at age 96, all the children should be celebrating with red clothes when the final day comes.

Getting old and slowly losing your relatives and friends is one sad thing we can not avoid. Live well and enjoy your life now, to everyone.
Jordy,
You seem to have a clear and I believe wonderful perspective on your mother's life and her importance to your sister and you.
I hope only for the very best for all of you!
Being relatively new here I did not know Broadway or Bigs for very long only in terms of reading their postings here. I wish them well.
Bronx23
I’m so sorry, Jordy. My thoughts are with you. I also have nonagenerian folks, and I’m enjoying my time left with them as much as possible, knowing there’s not much left.
@JordyG : Best wishes regarding you and your mom.
Thanks guys. It means a lot to me.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
. Regret but not grieve over much. Instead I will enjoy and celebrate the things she's given my sisters and I.
I've lost a parent fairly recently. I think you and your family has exactly the right thought process. It can be hard to remember sometimes. A priest said to me there is no loss, no grief, without love. Loss is the memory of love. When grief gets overwhelming try to focus on the memories that trigger them rather than the sense of loss. It helped me a lot.

Know that my heart goes out to you and I'll say a prayer for your mom and your family.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom