Where does signing of Ferguson leave | The Boneyard

Where does signing of Ferguson leave

Reaction Score
Champ, you're a veteran around here so you know the ropes. Cliff is a spring thing looking for Kentucky. We need another big and a shooter. Have to see if 1 or 2 schollies open. Recruiting is fluid so take it with a grain of salt. Will have another update in 20 minutes.

Reaction Score
Yes Cliff looks like the last original target on the board. Probably going to look for a grad transfer guard option

Reaction Score
Champ, you're a veteran around here so you know the ropes. Cliff is a spring thing looking for Kentucky. We need another big and a shooter. Have to see if 1 or 2 schollies open. Recruiting is fluid so take it with a grain of salt. Will have another update in 20 minutes.
Yes im a vet around here but I do not follow recruiting very closely. I defer to most of you guys on that stuff. Was just asking because there was a lot about Cliff being highly sought after by us and simply wondered where this left that situation. My apologies if this was a stupid question with an obvious answer as I am not in the loop of recruiting.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Yes im a vet around here but I do not follow recruiting very closely. I defer to most of you guys on that stuff. Was just asking because there was a lot about Cliff being highly sought after by us and simply wondered where this left that situation. My apologies if this was a stupid question with an obvious answer as I am not in the loop of recruiting.
Not stupid.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If Cliff wants to come here in the spring I am sure we won't turn him away. We most likely have one more scholarship to play with and we will see if either Cliff, Cam Thomas, or (more likely) a transfer becomes available next year.

Reaction Score
Not stupid. Just playing Champ!

Reaction Score
If Cliff wants to come here in the spring I am sure we won't turn him away. We most likely have one more scholarship to play with and we will see if either Cliff, Cam Thomas, or (more likely) a transfer becomes available next year.
Cam’s not coming here

Reaction Score
please no more grad transfers. They've been terrible.

Reaction Score
Shonn Miller and Lasan Kromah say hello. Sterling Gibbs would have too if not forced to play out of position by a nitwit coach.
Yup, those are best case scenarios but how'd that work out for us? Its fine to add those guys as complementary players but you can't rely on those guys when your building your program to the heights Uconn wants to get too.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Any of you who watched the game the other night and doesn’t think an elite point guard, emphasis on handling pressure and running the offense, should be the priority needs a refresher course. Between Brown-Ferguson, Jackson, Bouknight, Gaffney, Akok, Polley, Carleton will all be more effective with a guy who knows how to move the rock. If Not, then Cole or Gaffney had better be that PG.

Reaction Score
Yup, those are best case scenarios but how'd that work out for us? Its fine to add those guys as complementary players but you can't rely on those guys when your building your program to the heights Uconn wants to get too.
We’re talking about what to do with the last scholarship of an already strong class.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Shonn Miller and Lasan Kromah say hello. Sterling Gibbs would have too if not forced to play out of position by a nitwit coach.

These three were good but after them it turned into just occupying a space and a UConn Jersey for several grad transfers /transfers. We took in too much of other programs garbage and found out it was truly garbage.

Reaction Score
Any of you who watched the game the other night and doesn’t think an elite point guard, emphasis on handling pressure and running the offense, should be the priority needs a refresher course. Between Brown-Ferguson, Jackson, Bouknight, Gaffney, Akok, Polley, Carleton will all be more effective with a guy who knows how to move the rock. If Not, then Cole or Gaffney had better be that PG.
Absolutely agree with this but to be fair Gaffney is young and still not at 100% but I believe and I could be wrong but I think he'll ultimately be a pretty good player. Cole can ball but I dont know if hes a score first type pg. We shall see.

Reaction Score
We won a national championship with Kromah so I'd say it worked out pretty well

Reaction Score
Yup. Its like having a chance to pick up a dime but you play it safe and just date the fat girl.
No, it’s not. The grad transfer route is almost always not a choice between talented high schooler and grad transfer. It’s between middling high school player that will take a scholarship for four years, empty scholarship for a year, or grad transfer.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No, it’s not. The grad transfer route is almost always not a choice between talented high schooler and grad transfer. It’s between middling high school player that will take a scholarship for four years, empty scholarship for a year, or grad transfer.

While obv not ideal, much rather have a middling grad transfer tbh. Solid GT would be great.

Reaction Score
We’re talking about what to do with the last scholarship of an already strong class.
We don't need any more filler pieces/role players. I think we only take a grad transfer if he's a stud.

Reaction Score
While obv not ideal, much rather have a middling grad transfer tbh. Solid GT would be great.
Agreed. The idea that the mediocre grad transfers we’ve had were scholarships that could have gone to high school players that we would have wanted is totally off base.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We don't need any more filler pieces/role players. I think we only take a grad transfer if he's a stud.

Towns would be that. I’m encouraged that we’ve played them in scrimmages twice.

But any grad transfer is better than leaving a scholarship open or locking up a filler piece/role player for four years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom