Where does blame fall in latest snubbing of UConn... Don Amore | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Where does blame fall in latest snubbing of UConn... Don Amore

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Best I can tell is that this is exactly what happened. Now, would she have won against LV if she fought hard? We will never know. So it's possible that her f###up didn't change anything. But (again, unless she knows something about the Ten) it was nonetheless a duck*up, and we lost a chance to compete against LV in the marketplace because she thought she had already won.

If that is what happened (and by all means she deserves a chance to explain what happened and we need to wait to see if the Ten being imminent was part of this), if I were on the BofT she would be gone. Not because we're not in the ACC, but because you can not have a President of a State University who is so easily played in such a public forum. And that would be notwithstanding the many good initiatives she has underway.
Bizlaw you are normally pretty deferential to people in authority under the notion that they have more info than you do. I am surprised that you've taken a tougher stance in this instance. I'm not quite there, but I understand your position.

Reaction Score
Bizlaw you are normally pretty deferential to people in authority under the notion that they have more info than you do. I am surprised that you've taken a tougher stance in this instance. I'm not quite there, but I understand your position.

Your first sentence is dead on -- that is how I am. So you should be able to tell how comfortable I am concluding that we duck*ed this up. Not necessarily because we lost, but because we thought we won and thus didn't play. I dare anyone to think about the third hand leaks you saw on this board, and then listen to Aresco in New Orleans, and conclude other than that our administration was telling folks that we were in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom