Where do we go from here? | The Boneyard

Where do we go from here?

Reaction Score
Our D Coordinator has created a national laughing stock. We all got a little excited about Spanos and it proved to be a disaster as usual. Its clearly not only coaching but every single fabric of the program. Even if we fire every single person on this staff we are still stuck with an embarssing talent level that can't beat a mid-level FCS team that gets handled by other FCS teams. No matter who we bring in for a coach they have absolutely nothing to work with. I am convinced that our level of player is even worse than under Diaco if that's even possible.... every compliment that we gave Corey for recruiting needs to be taken back immediately. He needs to be fired along with Spanos who after two years has miraculously made our defense even worse than our historic low. The entire proram is absolutely toxic at this point and only knows how to lose... by a lot.

Offensively we have been outscored something like 90-0 against FBS to start the year. You can not make those video game numbers up. Where do we go? Can we realistically think a coach is going to come in and be able to do something with the sub par D2 players on our roster who can't get out of their own way in games? Seriously they run into each other and game after game create highlights that would be suited for Hollywood comedy. Any coach who comes in is going to inherit a program that can't even score a GD field goal against FBS teams and players who are some how able to find a new way to emberass the program more with each game.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
A good coach and solid coordinators who can attract players through the portal and coach them into a mediocre football team. That would be a gigantic improvement over where we are now.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Where do we go from here? Open up the GD checkbook and pay for both a quality coach and a quality staff. I said in the game chat I only think we have one rebuild left in us. Let’s go all in and try to actually field a competitive team. If we are going to pinch pennies on our higher, and especially as a staff, why even bother anymore?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Our D Coordinator has created a national laughing stock. We all got a little excited about Spanos and it proved to be a disaster as usual. Its clearly not only coaching but every single fabric of the program. Even if we fire every single person on this staff we are still stuck with an embarssing talent level that can't beat a mid-level FCS team that gets handled by other FCS teams. No matter who we bring in for a coach they have absolutely nothing to work with. I am convinced that our level of player is even worse than under Diaco if that's even possible.... every compliment that we gave Corey for recruiting needs to be taken back immediately. He needs to be fired along with Spanos who after two years has miraculously made our defense even worse than our historic low. The entire proram is absolutely toxic at this point and only knows how to lose... by a lot.

Offensively we have been outscored something like 90-0 against FBS to start the year. You can not make those video game numbers up. Where do we go? Can we realistically think a coach is going to come in and be able to do something with the sub par D2 players on our roster who can't get out of their own way in games? Seriously they run into each other and game after game create highlights that would be suited for Hollywood comedy. Any coach who comes in is going to inherit a program that can't even score a GD field goal against FBS teams and players who are some how able to find a new way to emberass the program more with each game.

A couple of things.

Statistically this team is way better than 2018 or 2019 on defense. They were literally the worst defensive teams in college football history. This year's defense can play for 15 minutes before being shredded.

Otherwise you are spot on. The defensive line is horrible and the coaches have decided the best way for bad defenses to play is to be passive. Rush 3, drop 8, put no pressure on QB and let them pick the defense apart. Fortunately once the receiver catches the ball the LB's and DB's have no sense of position, momentum or future movement and just randomly run around the field. If the magically happen to run in to an offensive player, the offensive player can spin and move on to the end zone.

On offense, the OC is a joke. Run, run, run with a line that cannot identify a blocking scheme or hold a block. Plus, we leave RS Freshman RT one on one with a first team AA. That is criminally bad game planning. Fortunately, in the second half against their third string we tried a double team with our first team line and the starting TE and those got blown up by a bench warmer. Fortunately, the coaches love running Mensah for 1 yard gains. Mensah is too slow to get squared to the line and too weak to break a tackle. But, he gets most of the carries.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
It starts with us as fans. People here are the die hards, yet everything is rosey, people saying they don’t believe the line is real. Something something Spanos might be cuz. No we suck. The very basic concept of getting off a block we can’t do, the schemes weren’t horrible

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
where do we go?
Westpoint. too easy.
what do i win? (he asks, knowing nobody here ever pays off when u have the winning answer..., and i wouldn't mind it if we stopped by wallyworld on our way, to pick up a few cases of LT/romanowski whoopazz spirit. ya never know, it could be on sale this week. i always say that when i go to the store. )

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom