where do I start this rant? so many things going wrong | The Boneyard

where do I start this rant? so many things going wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
thank you Boat, I love you man

can anybody else hit a shot?, one $%ck*#$ shot when it matters? anybody else give us a lift when we need it?

do we really have to have the geriatric crew doing our games? Patrick and Knight were worse than we were, they sounded senile. They make a stoned Bill Walton sound sharp

how many weak passes are we going to make before we learn you can't make weak passes? I mean figure that out already boys, c'mon man, STOP

and Kevin Ollie acts like your typical fan at the HCC, he gets excited when the team makes him excited. maybe he can take over for Big Red, lead the cheers after a run. He's beginning to remind me of Jay Cutler on the sidelines, pouting. I love KO, I hate pouting as much as I hate flopping

there were times JC simply willed his team to win, this year KO is just.......................................uh, sitting there. Said in the most respectful way possible

my optimism is waning fast, but I'll be there until the last second just like I was in 2010 when Gavin Edwards missed a layup to end our season

I'm a glutton for punishment

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Against teams like Cincy and Temple that want to turn it in to a rock fight UConn needs to shoot early in the shot clock at the first clean look they get.

Ollie really coaches like an NBA coach emphasizing constant ball movement and breaking a team down over the course of a possession. This team doesn't have the consistent talent to do that against aggressive physical teams. Players are turning down open looks and it hurts this year's team.

Reaction Score
We don't have a scorer outside of Boatright. Not one.

I'm confident Hamilton will be that guy next year, but next year we don't have Boat. So someone else is going to have to step up, and you can't put that kind of pressure on Adams as a freshman. So. I don't know where else we can get it from. Brimah maybe.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
But won't Adams be an old freshman? So just maybe....

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
We don't have a scorer outside of Boatright. Not one.

I'm confident Hamilton will be that guy next year, but next year we don't have Boat. So someone else is going to have to step up, and you can't put that kind of pressure on Adams as a freshman. So. I don't know where else we can get it from. Brimah maybe.

That's where I'm at right now too.

Adams is going to have an insane amount of pressure coming in next season. Following Marcus, AJP, Kemba, Napier, Boat and taking over a team with basically Hamilton and Brimah.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
"thank you Boat, I love you man"

Clearly, he carried the team in the second half but also the box score shows that he contributed to the next two issues:

"can anybody else hit a shot?, one $%ck*#$ shot when it matters? anybody else give us a lift when we need it?"

I won't see the game til it is posted in a few days (no TV in the M.East) and I have no doubt that Cincy's D was stout, but the % was mind numbing.

"how many weak passes are we going to make before we learn you can't make weak passes? I mean figure that out already boys, c'mon man, STOP"

- key point: the execution of the passes is horrendous...players get benched on 8th grade teams for weakly thrown passes, telegraphed passes, passes thrown after jumping in the air. This is a big part of why we couldn't put away UCF and USF and is a basic fundamental of the game.

"my optimism is waning fast, but I'll be there until the last second just like I was in 2010 when Gavin Edwards missed a layup to end our season"

I'm with ya. I will root hard for them in the NIT, if that is where they end up. Clearly, at this point, we have blown the chance for an at-large bid. But seriously, with the competition this year, if you can't win the AAC tournament do you deserve to go to the NCAAS?
Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Cincy was physically aggressive and we didn't respond well to that. I can't remember the last team we had that would respond to a team like Cincy. Too much finesse on this team, we need a lunch pail team. Personally I was glad to see Purvis shove Coupain, as least someone showed some ba$&s.

Reaction Score
Cincy was physically aggressive and we didn't respond well to that. I can't remember the last team we had that would respond to a team like Cincy. Too much finesse on this team, we need a lunch pail team. Personally I was glad to see Purvis shove Coupain, as least someone showed some ba$&s.
A guy like Ted Kapita (assuming good academics) would have been a great fit for UConn. I think he goes to Arkansas if the indicators are Portis leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom