Where can I find Husky Hops IPA and/or TwoConn Ale Canned in Stamford Area? | The Boneyard

Where can I find Husky Hops IPA and/or TwoConn Ale Canned in Stamford Area?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I live in Charlotte but will be in Stamford for work for the next few weeks and I’d love to be able to bring back a 6 pack of the Husky Hops IPA and/or the TwoConn Ale. Do they readily sell one (or both) of these at grocery stores in the Stamford area? Do I need to go to a liquor store? TIA

Reaction Score
I don't live in the area anymore, but whenever I go back I stop into Big Y in Derby and they always have it there. I would imagine most grocery stores in Stamford carry it (plz don't go to the Stop n Shop down by Cove, it is the worst grocery store ever). Trader Joe's tends to carry it in the NH county area too, so maybe would check there

Reaction Score
I don't live in the area anymore, but whenever I go back I stop into Big Y in Derby and they always have it there. I would imagine most grocery stores in Stamford carry it (plz don't go to the Stop n Shop down by Cove, it is the worst grocery store ever). Trader Joe's tends to carry it in the NH county area too, so maybe would check there
I think you mean the Grade A Shoprite down in Shippan. There is no Stop & Shop in the Cove.

But you’re right. I do see both beers at Stop & Shop in Ridgeway periodically. @Drew that S&S is your best bet if you’re staying at one of the downtown hotels. If you don’t see it at the grocery, just walk next door to BevMax, which also should carry them. I’ve also seen single cans of both beers at Trader Joe’s on High Ridge just south of the Merritt.

If you’re buying for the novelty and to show your fandom, then Two Conn is fine. But it’s not a good beer. Husky Hops is a decent, if forgettable IPA, and a better option. If you want to try them, beers make regular appearances on tap at Bobby V’s on Atlantic Street downtown.

Reaction Score
I think you mean the Grade A Shoprite down in Shippan. There is no Stop & Shop in the Cove.

But you’re right. I do see both beers at Stop & Shop in Ridgeway periodically. @Drew that S&S is your best bet if you’re staying at one of the downtown hotels. If you don’t see it at the grocery, just walk next door to BevMax, which also should carry them. I’ve also seen single cans of both beers at Trader Joe’s on High Ridge just south of the Merritt.

If you’re buying for the novelty and to show your fandom, then Two Conn is fine. But it’s not a good beer. Husky Hops is a decent, if forgettable IPA, and a better option. If you want to try them, beers make regular appearances on tap at Bobby V’s on Atlantic Street downtown.
You're right. It's been a few years since I lived on Cove, I just remembered how bad the grocery store was there (especially the parking lot) but for some reason thought it was S&S haha

Reaction Score
You could also hop up to the brewery, if you've never been. Its probably 30 minutes to Two Roads
yeah, i was gonna post this. it's also about a 20-minute walk from the stratford train station, if you feel like having a few while you are down there...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
yeah, i was gonna post this. it's also about a 20-minute walk from the stratford train station, if you feel like having a few while you are down there...

It's a 20 minute walk on the way to the brewery. After having a few beers there the walk back is about 45 minutes. The difference in time between the two walks is staggering.

I'll see myself out.

Reaction Score
Have you tried Two Conn? I let my fandom get the best of me and tried it. Didn't like it at all. Everyone has different tastes with beer I guess. Any opinions on the Husky Hops? I was going to try it at Gampel on Saturday, but my experience with Two Conn scared me away. I do consider myself a Two Roads Brewing fan though.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Thanks to all. Will hopefully pick it up when back in town next week.

Reaction Score
@Drew I just picked up a pizza from Magic 5 Pizza Co in East Norwalk and they have TwoConn on draft.

Reaction Score
Two Roads has a nice beer to eat a meal with. I want to say it is called Honeyspot or HoneyPot. It’s an India Pale Ale. I love IPA’s but they spoil my dinner. You might want to try it after you realize the UConn beers are meh. Husky Hops is definitely the better of the two though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom