Where Are They Now? Kelley Hunt, UConn Basketball (1994-1998) | The Boneyard

Where Are They Now? Kelley Hunt, UConn Basketball (1994-1998)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Kelley (Hunt) Gay reflects on the importance of knowing your role, being part of a team, and striving for the greater good.

Today, she is a seasoned executive and the current vice president of enterprise marketing and communications at the financial services company. Twenty-six years ago, Gay (then Kelley Hunt) played a different role as a freshman on the UConn Huskies basketball team.

Reaction Score
1591842958026.png

Reaction Score
I have no idea how good a basketball player Kelly's daughter is, but odds are not good enough to be recruited by UConn. Maybe good enough to be a walk-on player a la Pudlo et al? And if that were the case, would she be the first daughter of a previous player to play for UConn? I think so. And love the idea!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Very cool article for a youngin’ like me, who had no idea who Kelley was. Have to love the underdog/role players.

However, I think Gabby has a long way (in just two more years...) before she’s on Geno’s radar and roster.

Reaction Score
Kelly's uncle Fred "Ted" Hunt went to Uconn in the 70's. He was 6'5" and about 250lbs and a terrific athlete but didn't play football. His brother Kevin (Kelly's father) was an offensive tackle on the Houston Oilers at the time. Ted was a fun guy. He was a bouncer at the Shaboo. Extremely strong and someone you were glad was a nice guy.

Reaction Score
Kelley (Hunt) Gay reflects on the importance of knowing your role, being part of a team, and striving for the greater good.

Today, she is a seasoned executive and the current vice president of enterprise marketing and communications at the financial services company. Twenty-six years ago, Gay (then Kelley Hunt) played a different role as a freshman on the UConn Huskies basketball team.

Carnac, thanks for the post. Kelley Hunt played before I started following the Huskies so it was great to learn about her time in Storrs and her success afterwards.

Reaction Score
I introduced myself to her at a football spring game at the Rent years ago. Very nice person. I remember her coming back as a soph and she was cut. Added about 15 lbs of muscle. She was up against a stacked lineup with Jen, Jamelle, Carla Berube, Nykesha, and Kara. She was always a team player though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom