Where are the OL/DL commits? | The Boneyard

Where are the OL/DL commits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We have seen a LOT of huge commits lately. Huge as in size. I'm waiting for the true "big" guys. 6'4"-6'6" @ 290-310 guys.

Any one else wondering where these guys are? Just to say it, I am happy with the way things are panning out so far, I am just wondering about the true "bigs" is all.

--C

Reaction Score
At our level, I think we don't grab the HS stud superstar Line candidates. The top few percent in our footprint. We have always done best ... I feel ... watching them some in their Senior Year. See 3-6 games. See how they are growing and developing. We like combine results; but, we want to see them dominate their last year. I think this is a continuation, with Mike Foley back as the key OLine guy, from the last 10 years.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I think we haven't seen any OL/DL with that kind of size because, for the most part, those kind of kids with that kind of size are not under-recruited. They have been recruited for years by other programs. The kids that we are pulling in are all athletic, all have size, and all have been under-recruited. 6'4" - 6'6" 300 pounders are coveted by every single football program in the country.

Another trend in this class is that they all excel in other sports. I think that is perhaps every bit as important as size when recruiting OL/DL. Mainly, if we can find a few linemen that are also good wrestlers, for example, who might not have the size or the buzz from recruiting sites that others have would be good gets.

I think that by the time we get to Signing Day, we'll have a few hog mollies in this class.

Reaction Score
Just as is the case in college, skill players in HS get on the field earlier. OL/DL often get there later, allowing for them to grow in to their bodies and take on the bigger kids. Like we have done in the past, we can wait to see which kids make a big leap from jr to sr year up front and target those "late bloomers".

Reaction Score
other examples

Lindsey Witten was 190; Teddy Jennings and Trev Williams were 210; Zach Hurd and S. Stephen were 260. if they have the right frame, they can bulk up 25-35% while at UConn.

Reaction Score
other examples

Lindsey Witten was 190; Teddy Jennings and Trev Williams were 210; Zach Hurd and S. Stephen were 260. if they have the right frame, they can bulk up 25-35% while at UConn.
Greg Lloyd got huge started at 210, Lutrus was under 200, he ended at 250+. With proper nutrition and weight training plus their natural athleticism, you can have a team of Captain Americas.
Edit: McBryde was another 70-75 lb gainer. I believe.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Last year we got Crozier and Heshemi and Rutheford, who should be on campus as we speak.

Reaction Score
Last year we got Crozier and Heshemi and Rutheford, who should be on campus as we speak.

We got Oak as well. I believe Oak & Crozier (both FL kids) were Diaco recruits. Hashemi as well.

Reaction Score
While I am sure they will sign an OL as soon as they see one they think fits, I do wonder if the emphasis on finding OL at the end of last year's recruiting campaign made it less of a point of emphasis at this stage.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
The tight end types who are good athletes can put on weight and become guards and maybe tackles who aren't as big but really mobile. The IOWA model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom