Where are all the reporters? | The Boneyard

Where are all the reporters?

Reaction Score
Why haven’t there been any articles written on the teams practices and progress? Is Randy keeping it quiet so other teams don’t know what to expect in 2021? It would be nice to know what’s going on other than a minute long video. Enquiring minds want to know!

Reaction Score
No attack @Life Is Good but the few reporters left are mostly covering things that are relevant. Sadly a football team only practicing a year away from a season does not generate coverage.
Not much from practice would give us more than Randy's chirps and what you can find from pod casters.

Again no assault on your question but reporters can only report when there is something to report. Follow what huskie medic supplies here and you will be very well informed with what is going on. ;)

If you are a newspaper subscriber as myself you should have noticed reporters have been eliminated by about two thirds in the last several years. Many reports coming from AP and other news wire services. Fat chance of one of these getting what you want. UConn football practice reports.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No attack @Life Is Good but the few reporters left are mostly covering things that are relevant. Sadly a football team only practicing a year away from a season does not generate coverage.
Not much from practice would give us more than Randy's chirps and what you can find from pod casters.

Again no assault on your question but reporters can only report when there is something to report. Follow what huskie medic supplies here and you will be very well informed with what is going on. ;)

If you are a newspaper subscriber as myself you should have noticed reporters have been eliminated by about two thirds in the last several years. Many reports coming from AP and other news wire services. Fat chance of one of these getting what you want. UConn football practice reports.
Thank you for your very insightful response. I never looked at it that way but I was jut hoping to get an unbiased perspective of what to expect in 2021. Unfortunately, RE doesn’t do a good job communicating. I’m tired of hearing “bigger, stronger, faster.” Let’s hope 2021 is a great year.

Reaction Score
And hopefully Better. That’s RE’s goal with drills and more drills. Wisconsin has been successful with developing this way. RE 1.0 also developed talent. Hope it works.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I would love to see a few stories, but I think Randy has little to say since they really just ran an extended development and training camp this fall.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the next opportunity to hear from Edsall will be on December 16th which is the first day of the early signing period for the class of 2021 (12/16-12/18).
Amen brother. get some commits in here

Reaction Score
If they are going to post any news, maybe the two opponents that are missing for next years schedule. You would think they would be home games since we are short two.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If they are going to post any news, maybe the two opponents that are missing for next years schedule. You would think they would be home games since we are short two.
I have been holding my breath all fall for this news. Nothing could scream louder that they remain committed to Football than to announce the balance of the 2021 schedule. In the fall of 2019, the complete 2020 schedule was announced 11/25. I sure hope we get something before 12/1.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Btw, there is a UConn BOT meeting today - this morning. Rather light agenda...with no sports matters noted.

Reaction Score
Gentlemen. When I was a reporter, I loved working covering the team.

That said, it's a new reality in local journalism.

Right now, I don't think there is a single reporters whose job it was to cover the football team as a top priority. Back when I covered team, Desmond and I were the two full-timers, and other reporters who split time between that and hoops really put in a good effort.

Just for perspective, when I was at JI I covered football, Phil Chardis men (then Neill Ostrout) did men and Carl Adamec covered women and before his passing Randy Smith was a columnist.

Now Neill covers men, football, and was promoted to sports editor (Congrats!). I don't even think the COurant has a dedicated football writer, since Alex Putterman is now the Covid Data Czar of Connecticut.

No idea what Waterbury will do since Ed is no longer there. CT Post, NH Reg, Danbury (and other small papers) combined staffs. New London covers football ad hoc. That's kind of it.

Trust me. Doing the UConn Daily is hard when it is predicated on aggregation. Just a nature of the beast.

Reaction Score
I have been holding my breath all fall for this news. Nothing could scream louder that they remain committed to Football than to announce the balance of the 2021 schedule. In the fall of 2019, the complete 2020 schedule was announced 11/25. I sure hope we get something before 12/1.
We should be OK with two FCS opponents (if it comes to that) next year.... This program needs to get some feel good moments under its belt again... Jump start us (on the field, we already know about preparations behind the scenes enough) once again. We did it before we can do it again, then, this time keep the trajectory going in the right direction (bowl games year in and year out.. That should be the goal first and foremost)

Reaction Score

Don't ask me why since I can't explain it but this makes me very uncomfortable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom